FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Beach Fest, Long Beach, sat and sun 22nd 23rd
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Beach Fest, Long Beach, sat and sun 22nd 23rd
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-18 8:26 pm   Permalink

8/22 - 8/23 Tiki Beach Festivals Presents The 9th Annual Long Beach "Ho'olaulea" This Year w/ Crazy Al Evans' Tiki Museum Long Beach, CA.

Event Link:
http://www.alfredosbeachclub.com/tiki_festival.htm

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-08-18 20:28 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-19 07:51 am   Permalink

What a Great Way to Spend the Day or the Weekend!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 08:59 am   Permalink

here's the inside scoop... the museum is just an old guy in the sand with the same stuff for 12 some years,,,, o'ya wait... NEW STUFF TOO......

Tiki Fest has gone back to it's Hawaiian Hula roots! so come out for some see some great HULA!!!!

---------------------------

New EARINGS! (I made i sign for these back in the Palm Springs days!? finaly go some product made!!)

(photo: Raymier Simon... Ok... pendant paint jobs too!! thanks)
and more Spacial Tiki-Surf Pendants at low price $10!!
Mr. Long Board Antiki

Mr. Short Board

AND!!
PELE's SURFING MENEHUNES!! (Well Pele's Sister anyway)
On Worries Bra! Lava From Mainland Bra!
I dont know who Pele's sister is here in the southwest, But God(?) she does damn good work!!!
Very one is a different unique sculpture! as small as 1.5 inches

------------------------------------------

Mug Price Roll Back...... in "Bone Productions' Brown" Glaze!
<<<IF YOU REALY WANT ONE AND DON"T WANT TO PAY SHIPPING>>>
You needto let me know as i may have to may it this week!
http://tikimania.com/docs/BP_mugs.html
Origial prices of CrazyAL mugs started at $35 in 2004, now they average $60-$100+ .
The "CrazyAL Tiki Gallery" line of mugs are now available in spacial sets of 2-3 for the price of one mug at todays prices. Limited to 25 each in "Bone Productions' Brown". This bone colored glaze is perfect to show off all of CrazyAL's manic detail.

The other 'Costum Color' Glazed mugs will be available too at Oasis! as well as many of Tikimania.com products.

very limited necklaces @ $25

CrazyAL Oasis-9 Pendent Limited to 75
"Makau He'e Nalu" the Fishhook of Surfing
3 styles in runs of 25 EACH!
one with Tiki

One with Tiki & Surfboard

3rd style in run of 25 (bone white tiki and Koa color board)

Surrounded by endless horizons, more then half the world of the ancient Hawaiians was the sea. The creators of Surfing saw the sea as not only a great source of beauty, but most importantly, sustenance."The first surfers were fishermen who discovered riding waves as an efficient method of getting to shore with their catch ...(later) The board maker would dig up the tree and around the roots place fish in the hole as an offering to the gods for the tree." Eventually only royalty could use the best surf for recreation.

CrazyAL has created "Makau He'e Nalu", a very special Tiki Oasis-9 TikiSurf City Pendant! in very limited runs. Only available from Tiki-Mania.

CrazyAL's "Makau He'e Nalu" is a Hawaiian Fishhook designed to catch the best waves!! SURF'S UP!!!
Ancient surfing petroglyphs have been scored into this beautifully sculpted, traditional Hawaiian fishhook.
One run of 25 will have Lono, the god of the harvest, mounted upon the 'Makau' for great bounty from the sea.
Another run of 25 will have Lono with an antique alaia (stand up board) to ensure a good catch.
Hand cast in resin from original sculpt, they have been hand painted for a very realist look. "Makau He'e Nalu" is another great addition to the Oasis legacy by CrazyAL.

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2009-08-19 09:11 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 09:45 am   Permalink

Looks like a fun day for Lil' Blue and me! We'll come out on Saturday for a while.

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-08-20 12:32 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 11:11 am   Permalink

Anyone going to this???

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 11:21 am   Permalink

looks like fun, but the giant sta-puff marshamallow tiki in the shorts and hawaiian shirt on the flyer kinda scares me...

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-20 11:42 am   Permalink

Doug (Swamp Fire Lounge) and I are going to vend on Saturday as well. Looks like it should be alot of fun!
I've still got tons of cool tiki stuff left to sell!

www.happychijewelry.com

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-08-20 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-20 11:21, sweetpea wrote:
looks like fun, but the giant sta-puff marshamallow tiki in the shorts and hawaiian shirt on the flyer kinda scares me...

Yeah, I have to agree. What's up with this Bruddah Moki thing? Who exactly is condoning this? And why? My six year old daughter says it is creepy looking and she wouldn't want to be near it. Can anyone provide a schedule of it so we know when to avoid it? On the other hand, are we allowed to throw things at it?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 12:47 pm   Permalink

Don't let this funny looking Hawaiian mascot detour you from going.
This is a fun event geared towards family fun with kids in mind.
I have been to this three years and it was a blast.Last year I picked up some
nice plumeria plants for my back yard from a vendor at a very reasonable price.
I do concur though on how they should not put that on their flyer.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-20 12:51 pm   Permalink

They should have had Doug Horne do the flyer!

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 1:00 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 1:36 pm   Permalink

Show Schedules:

Saturday August 22, 2009

10:00 - 10:35 am - Titus Napoleon

11:00 - 11:35 am - O`ahu

12:00 - 12:35 pm - Ke Anuenue

1:00 - 1:35 pm - Halau Hula Ka Mele Wai `O Ke

2:00 - 2:35 pm - Aloha Hula Studio

3:00 - 3:35 pm - Kolohe Ukulele Group

4:00 - 4:35 pm - Lei Polynesia

5:00 - 5:35 pm - Tapua

6:00 - 6:35 pm - Lokelani’s Rhythm of the Islands

7:00 - 7:35 pm - The Tamali`i’s

8:00 - 8:35 pm - Fire Walk

Sunday August 23, 2009

9:15 - 9:45 am - Okima

10:00 - 10:30 am - Kapua Hollands

11:00 - 11:30 am - TBA

12:00 - 12:35 pm - Na Hoaloha

1:00 - 1:35 pm - Tago Le Pasifika

2:00 - 2:35 pm - Hula Halau `O Lilinoe

3:00 - 3:35 pm - Mele Ohana

4:00 - 4:35 pm - Halau Na Hoa O Ka Hale Kanu

5:00 - 5:35 pm - TBA

Cruise down get a plate lunch and listen to some Hawaiian music and watch the lovely hula hands!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 3:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-20 11:42, happychi wrote:
Doug (Swamp Fire Lounge) and I are going to vend on Saturday as well. Looks like it should be alot of fun!
I've still got tons of cool tiki stuff left to sell!

http://www.happychijewelry.com

Happy Chi - what time will you and Doug be setting up shop on Saturday?
Crazy Al - how 'bout you?

We're babysitting our 1.5 yr old nephew Saturday, but it sounds like this would be a great way to keep him entertained, as well as satisfy our post-Oasis withdrawals. ; )

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-20 3:26 pm   Permalink

Tiki Kitty ~ Doug and I will be setting up Friday afternoon and should be open for biz by 9am Saturday.

Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 3:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-20 15:26, happychi wrote:
Tiki Kitty ~ Doug and I will be setting up Friday afternoon and should be open for biz by 9am Saturday.

Beautiful - thanks! We'll swing by to shop for certain.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation