FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Claq50 Two carves Finished. 04/21/11
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 05:08 am   Permalink

He is the Gene Simons of Tikis.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 2:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the comments. I've had some extra time latky so I've been able to bust these out, I just finished a new 4 footer today and should have pics tomorrow. It's getting pretty easy. Think I need to do a harder carve

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 08:35 am   Permalink

Here are the latest pics of my recent work. Finished the work on the two corner tikis for a bar, and have a couple of other projects started.

Carving the second of two corner tikis

Work finsihed

Heres a tiki table i had an order for. Took about 5 hours start to finish.

And here is a pic of my most recent project that im working on. Its a 3 foot tiki. Its an order for a firefighter. Im going to do what ive seen a couple of guys do and put a helmet on him.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 12:42 pm   Permalink

awesome stuff claq, i like the new guy - lots of character!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 12:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks, It was alot easier then i thought the design would be. So far have just over an hour into it. Should take about another 2 to finish

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-28 07:31 am   Permalink

Keep cranking those nice tikis out claq, Lookin better and better!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-02 05:42 am   Permalink

Got around to posting some pics of the recent work.

Heres the fireman tiki. I never got a shot of it with the satin finish but you get the idea

Next i made a "chimney tiki"

You cant really tell due to the poor photo but its a dark red mahagony stain. It looks black in this picture though.

Here is an order i had for an alskan style totem pole. It was my first attempt but the customer was very happy with it.

Came out looking yellow from the light, but the color is actually white.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-02 3:29 pm   Permalink

Claq, I'm Really loving your new designs and carves, The Totem is not as advanced as your tikis but after a few I'm sure you will see that change drastically.

Also these Corner tikis on your bar were Excellent and the Corner fit looks Perfect!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-02 4:58 pm   Permalink

I dont think im going to do another animal style tiki. This was just an order that i had. He wanted a "cartoon" looking totem. It turned out to be alot more work then I expected, i have more then 15 hours invested in it. I think im going to stick with what i know! I got some new designs for tikis coming up, i just need to get ahold of some good logs. Right now all i have is a few queens and they might not even be any good anymore. Queens seem to rot rather quick if you dont carve them fast enough.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-14 06:24 am   Permalink

Finished the alaskan totem.

claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 4:24 pm   Permalink

Well i got around to working on a couple of new tikis. Both of these were requested by customers. The first tiki I got the idea from a few different people on here and the second tiki was requested to look like a biker.

Handle Bar Mustache

I should have finished pics of the second tiki tomorrow.

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-20 3:07 pm   Permalink

Your carving has really progressed in a short period of time. That mustache sure is different. I know I went through a period when all of mine had eyebrows. Glad you having fun with it!!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 04:19 am   Permalink

Thanks man, yeah I thought it was a little different to but thats what the guy wanted. He asked if I could make it look like him so I tried.

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-22 10:47 pm   Permalink

Well done! whay to mix it up.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-25 11:43 am   Permalink

Thanks man, just finished putting the last coat if spar on, I hope to have pics of it by tomorrow.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation