FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Lavapalooza Trader Vic's Atlanta 2009
Lavapalooza Trader Vic's Atlanta 2009
rocktiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-25 09:39 am   Permalink

WooHoo, Lavapalooza returns to Trader Vics Atlanta on Sept 5th. I hope to see some other Atlantikis there. Check out the web site for more info. http://www.lavapalooza2009.com/info.html

View Profile of rocktiki Send a personal message to rocktiki  Email rocktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-26 01:56 am   Permalink

I'll be in Atlanta that weekend for Dragon con, staying at the Hilton. Is this going on right in the middle of the Dragon con madness?

View Profile of thick Send a personal message to thick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 04:10 am   Permalink

If it's September 5th at the Hilton there's no way that they could avoid the Dragon Con madness...

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-26 11:28 am   Permalink

Madness it is then. . .

View Profile of thick Send a personal message to thick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 11:39 am   Permalink

Yes. A large contingent from Dragon Con head to TV every year. I suppose this just adds to that. Maybe the inside will be spared the masses during this event?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hangtentiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-26 7:17 pm   Permalink

I see the Rapture coming to Atlanta. At least another zooed-out event like Oasis 9. Trader Vic will be turning in his grave.

View Profile of Hangtentiki Send a personal message to Hangtentiki  Email Hangtentiki Goto the website of Hangtentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-29 12:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-26 11:39, Swanky wrote:
Yes. A large contingent from Dragon Con head to TV every year. I suppose this just adds to that. Maybe the inside will be spared the masses during this event?

It would be cool, if the inside was open & mellow during this, would enjoy a mellow dinner, to unwind with the special lady friend.

By the way. . .Derek Yaniger at Dragon con. . .Sweet, gonna buy me a print

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 05:26 am   Permalink

ATL Trader Vics should send Tiki Kiliki and Swanky a gift certificate, a flight and a couple of rooms every time they throw one of these parties for re-awakening that awesome space to the public eye.

Before the Hukilau and the monthly tiki parties Kiliki threw there, that place was a tomb - even during conventions.

Enjoy Tongo Hiti - they are a great exotica band.
Except when they do that Madonna cover.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 1:00 pm   Permalink

they should get "the Surge"(surf band) from Clarkston) not far from Atlanta, to play also.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 2:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-01 13:00, bigtikidude wrote:
they should get "the Surge"(surf band) from Clarkston) not far from Atlanta, to play also.

Jeff(btd)

The Surge is always good..
I think that they played at the last Lavapalooza along with Tongo Hiti though...
I know that there is plenty of talent that would be willing to play at Trader Vic's Atlanta...
I would love to see a show with Grinder Nova, Daikaiju, El Capitan and Thee Skallywags, The Surge, Novarays, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Stolen Idols, The Intoxicators!, The Disasternauts, or even Los StraitJackets there... The possibilities could be endless...

on the other hand... It's Dragon Con weekend... I will go nowhere near there...

I'm going to be at Drive Invasion that weekend (also in Atlanta) watching Los Straitjackets, The Woggles, Wanda Jackson, Detroit Cobras, El Capitan and Thee Skallywags, Grinder Nova... plus movies till dawn...
The Penetrators were also scheduled to perform there too... I totally wanted to see them too... I'm sure there is one amazing afterlife jam going on with Spanky Twangler and Rip Thrillby both gone though...

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation