FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki NEW! tiki mug shelf holds 9 big mugs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
NEW! tiki mug shelf holds 9 big mugs
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 10:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-22 23:01, thechikitiki wrote:
Whatchutalkin'bout Suga? I'm a saint. TikiTony, How you like that tikigraffit(sp) I left on that fat a$$ palm tree. I was testing how they carve cause I got an 8ft and 10ft log that fat up in SB.

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-23 10:42 pm   Permalink

thechikitiki are you carving in SB? I live in the Good Land and work down town. I've just reecently begun to keep my eyes open for logs. Have you noticed the fat one on the right hand side of the fwy after you pass Mission. It has got to weigh a ton!

Mahalo

KT

View Profile of Kreaky Tiki Send a personal message to Kreaky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 01:46 am   Permalink

I live in L.A. but SB is my hometown. I will eventually carve in sb for a few days this summer, since I have some logs stashed there on Haley. I'll be in town on the weekend of may 24th at Carlito's. I have two cousins that play in Vientos del Sur. The conguero and the cajon player.Heard of them? 805ers let's hook up. Kreaky,are you carving now? Oh, and if you have ever been to the mission, my dad's picture (dressed in traditional padre garb) is up in one of the displays. No he wasn't a priest.... that I know of.Not that this tidbit has to do with anything tiki.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 05:55 am   Permalink

It only seems kinky the first time.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-24 07:22 am   Permalink

Chikitiki, no I have not carved anything yet, but I did inherit a chain saw, and I am a bit of a forager/collector. I would be happy to keep my eye out for you, for Palm logs etc. By the way, I have a bunch of the Chilean Wine Palms sprouted from the seeds that I gathered from the palms across the street from the SB Mission. "I don't know if that is Tiki?" My kid's and I would love to see some carving. Keep me posted.

Cheers

KT
ps. I hope that you make it back permanently some day.

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 12:01 am   Permalink

Thanks Kreaky, hope to see y'all soon. What part of SB do you live in?Me I have the bulk of the fam on the eastside, some on west(wife's) and even have an uncle in montecito. Look foward to visiting and the food. Woody's, mesa cafe, Rudy's, rusty's and drinks at Joe's. Soon a 300lbs chiki

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 07:36 am   Permalink

Chiki, we live in Goleta. Have you ever been to Kahuna Grill in the El Camino Market Place? It's pretty cool, the do have a 4 ft tiki to greet customers, a nice tropical fish tank, and killer old surfing related items. The food is great too. By the way a buddy of mine ran into you yeaterday I think, in Hermosa. His name is Kent and after his world travels to Easter Island etc. he is just getting into the scene. Let me know when you are carving up here.

Mahalo,

KT

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 10:33 pm   Permalink

Cool Keaky, I didn't meet anyone yesterday, but am in Hermosa often.Small world , Huh?

I'll be carving some huge tikis there soon. let you know.

Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-25 10:49 pm   Permalink

Chiki, I told the manager at Bahooka today "Pat" that there are guys like you around that like to carve at Tiki places. He seemed really interested. If you, or your buddies were into it, you would have to call and arrange it. I could help if you like. The Bahooka management are pretty much analog. They do not do email, or surf the net. I guess that is why they have not changed all of these years

Cheers,

Kreaky

tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-04-26 08:45 am   Permalink

hEy Kreaky Tiki & Chikki Tiki,
Where is this Bahooka and what kind of place is it (restaraunt,?) Chikki, have you ever sold near the peer in SB when they have those artist's booths set up on weekends? Also, have any of you been to the Mercury Lounge in Goleta? A girl who works there emailed me when she saw my "witco inspired" shelf on ebay to say her dad carved tikis in the 60's in San Diego and was interested in mo' tiki stuff by locals...but I don't have a lot of time for carving latelly because I'm in school full time in San Luis Obispo. So, if you're ever around SB selling this chick wanted to know where.
-tOny

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 8:07 pm   Permalink

Haven't made it to the drum circle area yet. but been planning on something out there soon. If this lady buys a tiki, I got a finders fee for you.

Kreaky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 10:15 pm   Permalink

Bahooka is in Rosemead, basically in the middle of nowhere. I had to try and get there while working the Los Angeles area. It is a cool place, and get a good review in the Tiki Road Trip book. I believe that the management is open to suggestion when it comes to putting together any type of Tiki based events. They just do not know where to start.

I've never been to or seen the mercury lounge. I'll look for it and report back.

KT

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 10:34 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, been to the bahooka, and the have some strong drinks! I thought I could have one and be ok, but had to order some food to kill the buzz. Nice folks there, but the bathroom needs tiki decor.Never been to the mercury loung either.

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2003-04-26 22:35 ]

tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-04-27 01:52 am   Permalink

no finders fee needed, just a little mana blessing for my carving tools... Kinda off the subject, but have either of you scavengers been confronted when picking something up? Tonight I was at the Borders and I noticed their Queen Palms, some frawns were dead and hanging down so I thought I would pull one down to use the leaves for a grass skirt (for a tiki, not me) and this kid, younger than me who works in the coffee shop in Borders starts lecturing me about doing punk-type stuff by pulling the branch down. He caught me so off gaurd, that I just blankly straired at him. This dude took the tiki right out of me. He was lucky I wasn't some jock and wrapped the frawn around his... Well, I was so stupified that I didn't want to have to look at that palm frawn on one of my tikis and think of this "lecture-boy" so the frawn ended up right where he thought it was going to .. on the sidewalk. I still need closure.. Anyone?
-tOny

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-27 10:34 am   Permalink

I'd just say f-ck him. Don't worry about it. As I've become older, I just brush things off. I am not going to let somebody I don't care about affect my life. Life is WAY too short. It is important to speak your mind and get things off your chest. Better out in the open that messing with your insides.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation