FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island 4th Annual Parking Lot Sale - MAHALO!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Forbidden Island 4th Annual Parking Lot Sale - MAHALO!!
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 10:44 pm   Permalink

Hawthorne Suites is only a few years old and serves complimentary full breakfast (at least they did this summer. It also has a guest spa. We checked out the rooms and they were clean and comfortable. It's not luxury, but it's clean and comfortable. If you don't mind being on the main street of Webster I think it's the closest in terms of walking to FI.

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2009-08-30 22:44 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
builtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-02 08:59 am   Permalink

can't wait!

View Profile of builtiki Send a personal message to builtiki  Email builtiki Goto the website of builtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 1:07 pm   Permalink

Count me if, well.... if I'm not working that day.

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 4:51 pm   Permalink

As both an Alameda resident and FI's PR dude, I am personally anticipating this year's event because I will have convenient access to the wares of famous tiki artisans I normally only meet at huge far-flung shindigs like Tiki Oasis - including the likes of Doug Horne, Thor and Taboo Island. The roster seems especially exciting this year, though I've always found great stuff at FI's parking lot sales (Monica needs some new Tiki Goddess dresses from Retro Diva). It's also cool we've added a live exotica band indoors (the Lee Vilensky Trio) along with the always reliable DJ Tanoa. See ya there!

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 4:57 pm   Permalink

If any other VENDOR has double booked, can't make it, or cares to share a spot - TIKI HUNTER has vended at every Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale to date but just missed the window on this one since we are also going out of business, (like several others I see posted now on TC) and I haven't been following TC as much as I used to!

I would be willing to share costs, pay for space, and or give you some Tiki swag in appreciation!

email me please!

Mahalo Plenty,
David Bennion
TIKI HUNTER

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-05 1:12 pm   Permalink

Hey Dave, Hope you find some space to set up your cool stuff. See you at the Parking Lot sale, and glad to see you back on TC, you and Eva have been missed!
Woody

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 2:25 pm   Permalink

Still no spot for the TIKI HUNTER!
We need to close out the last of our Tiki inventory and this would be the best place to say good bye!

Any one with space for even ONE TABLE it would be appreciated and compensated!

Mahalo Plenty,

Dave

email me

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-08 11:15 am   Permalink

Excited about the parking lot sale! Dr. TikiMojo, I hope you can find a way to squeeze in!

I'll have a few hair accessories there, in the Retro Diva booth.

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-08 12:33 pm   Permalink

So I've been inspired by my large collection of Hawaiian shirts that I don't wear because they don't fit me.

I started with this really great green one and ended up with
these:

which I will have for sale at the FI Parking Lot Sale, along with several other patterns, for example:

They all have a shirt pocket detail on the front (some even sport the buttoned front seam!!)

a patch pocket

AND inset pocket

and snap closure.

Additionally, I'll have vintage Aloha wear and Mid-Century clothing from my personal collection, Tiki collectables, hair flowers, and more, that I need to find good homes for.

Make sure to tell me you're TC member and get 20% off of everything!

Mahalo!
~Thayer

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 11:10 am   Permalink

ALOHA!

We are excited to announce the finalized, confirmed vendor lineup for our 2009 PL Sale, sure to be the biggest one yet - from local and world renowned artists personally selling their work, to vintage furniture and clothing,
to lots of Hawaiiana, LPs, DVDs, Tiki mugs and more.
Timeless coolness will be represented in every form.
If you can't find what you're looking for here, it probably doesn't exist!

The 2009 vendors are (drum-roll please):

Swamp Fire Lounge (Doug Horne): Limited edition mugs, Art, T-shirts, Jewelry
Taboo Island: tiki art, Tiki pendants.
Thor: art
Kevzo Art & Design: surf art, hawaiiana, barware, LPs
Mikel Parton: mugs and paintings
Sam The Tiki Seller: mugs, shirts, tikis, hawaiiana
Tiki Jungle: TIKIS, carvings, mugs, stuff
Lynn Peril/ Johnny Bartlett: vintage clothing, knicknaks and LPs
Retro at Home: mid century furniture
Retro Diva: vintage clothing
Pineapple Princess: children's clothing
Fuzzy Dude: knicknaks
Firetiki: mugs, LPs
Beebalalou (Jen Rowan): jewelry and accessories
Tobunga: tiki art, drawings, pendants
Haole'akamai and Tofu Joe: vintage clothing, purses, aprons
La Rosa Vintage: Vintage clothing
Kingstiedie: knicknaks, Hawaiiana
Bongofury: DVDs
Okolehao: velvet paintings
Notch: mugs
Fab Gabs Vintage (from Portland) : vintage clothing

AND!
Music from DJ Tanoa and
live exotica/surf by the Lee Vilenksy Trio, 7 - 9 pm.

PLUS!
Notch's Mai Tai Ku Bar and of course, the La Piñata Taco Truck!

[ This Message was edited by: Molokai Mike 2009-09-09 14:13 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!

I'm excited about participating in my 2nd Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale!

I'll be bringing some plush Tiki Bobs with me...

I sold out of all that I had made in time for TIki Oasis 9, but I've got bunch more ready for the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale!

I've changed the fabric, so it it closer to the color of the actual Tiki Bob mug, but the material remains the same:
Corduroy, flannel, button eyes and a bit of vinyl for the mouth.

The figures stand 10" high and are 4" in diameter.
Each figure has a tag that is signed and numbered (1/1) by me!

I'm working on some new stuff that will debut at the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale, I'll try to post here if I get a chance!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2009-09-10 19:10 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-10 19:06, tobunga wrote:

I'll be bringing some plush Tiki Bobs with me...

These were so f'ing cute at TO. Did you make those Tiki Bob Plushie slippers, too?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:13 pm   Permalink

BOOYA!!!
We're in babies! They managed to squeeze in a 4' x 5' spot next to the Taco Truck for me!
So come visit me while you're waiting in line for your food!
Can't wait to see all my Tiki Ohana....it's been awhile!

Dr.TikiMojo
TIKI HUNTER

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 10:04 am   Permalink

ATTENTION KILL DEVIL CLUB MEMBERS!

You and your special livers are getting VIP treatment at FI’s 4th annual parking lot sale!

Doors open to the general public at 2PM – but show up between 1:45 and 1:59 and you’ll be allowed into the bar, where you can hang out and have a cocktail in the “VIP lounge” until the back lot opens at 2PM sharp – giving you first dibs on the goods! Just identify yourself to the door guy (he’ll have a check list) when you arrive early.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-16 11:08 am   Permalink

I'm so excited to be apart of this years event! I've got some new watches I'm working on and other "goodies"!

www.happychijewelry.com

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation