FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island 4th Annual Parking Lot Sale - MAHALO!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Forbidden Island 4th Annual Parking Lot Sale - MAHALO!!
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 1:17 pm   Permalink

Great pictures Michael! We had a great time. Thanks for putting on a great event - again and again! And I think Bill was actually probably showing either pictures of the party the night before (which you would have been in ) or the TV warehouse sale. Either way, he is our resident documentarian of all of the great things going on in the Bay Area and elsewhere!

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2009-09-28 13:18 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 6:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mike, Suzanne, Susan, Mano, staff. Awesome. I LOVE Forbidden Island!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 6:31 pm   Permalink

Looks like a terrific event.
Awesome art.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 6:48 pm   Permalink

Couldn't this be a twice a year event? We had to work this weekend and missed out on all the fun.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 6:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-28 18:48, danlovestikis wrote:
Couldn't this be a twice a year event? We had to work this weekend and missed out on all the fun.

Ditto, one year apart from F.I. is too long. uhhm, except I was there in March.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 7:20 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a great time I had!! A big thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello and a really, really big thank you to Michael and the FI staff for putting on a great event! You guys rock! Northern California rocks! Beer rocks!

Mahalo!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 11:32 pm   Permalink

Hi,

Just wanted to say I had a nice time at the event, out from Boston! great timing that it happened while I was in San Fran. Great to see Humu, and meet bongo fury in his hut, see Otto again, and meet Mai Tai (can I be invited to some of those crawls!?) Suzanne, I did a double take seeing you out there! The only wish here is that the full menu was available; I finally got out there to FI, and it was super limited on the drinkos. Next time I suppose.

saludos!
Mr. Ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 11:30 am   Permalink

looked like fun - maybe sometime I'll be back there again with good timing

[ This Message was edited by: sneakyjack 2009-09-29 11:31 ]

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 2:01 pm   Permalink

I had a terrific time. Thanks to Michael, Suzanne, and all the crew! It was my first Tiki event without the ex-husband anywhere around. Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome and not like a leper. Tiki ohana are the warmest people around. I am lucky to count you as my friends.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-29 6:15 pm   Permalink

Big Mahalos to Michael who treated me like visiting royalty, the Forbidden Island staff...Suzanne for the extra special fall drinks (loved the one with the pineapple falernum) the crazy bowl drink with the huge flame, the off-the-menu swizzle and many more. Somehow I ended all 5 nights at FI. Thanks to all that came by and said hello and bought Okolehao's Black Velvets and some of my stuff, and my little brother "Hurricane" Vic.

Special thanks to Mai Tai & Coco Loco who put me up for a few days and helped me put on a few pounds at all the local diners. The food & drinks at the Conga Lounge were great. It was really nice to meet all the Northern California Ohana that I had not met at other events plus the good folks from Wisconsin. Great food, great drinks, great people. Ray, Michelle, Scott, Brenda, Chad, Jenny, Mel, Ron, Jen, Bill, Maria, Caroline, Rob, Doug, Stacey, Will, and.....and.....

More thanks to Juan at Trader Vic's Palo Alto for the "extra" special cocktails. Also Pat at Judd's Hill and late night pie & burgers with Swamp Fire and Happy Chi....

I will try hard not to wait 15 years between visits and I will bring Mrs. Fury with me next time.

Aloha!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 8:10 pm   Permalink

Thank you Michael and everyone at the Forbidden Island for an awesome time. Also thank you
to everyone to came by to say hello, pick up something and Mahalos to everyone who took some of the
free monkeypod bowls home. Purging all those bowls helps me with my awful thrift store sickness
I borrowed a few picks from Enid Westbergs flickr page to show some of the pieces that have new homes now.
Enid I hope you dont mind.

Uncle Roger and Mu Fanchoo

Suffering Bastard carving from my wedding and Cuerpo O Alma, a day of the dead painting.
What a good time! Thanks again everyone, MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-02 4:25 pm   Permalink

Great event!
The newest member of my tiki family shown with his creator Jungle Trader.
Congrats on finding new homes for ALL your awesome tikis!

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-02 8:18 pm   Permalink

See ya' at the RockaHula Duane. (sp?) They cleaned me out man. I gotta carve balls out for the next 2 weeks, and that's a real good thing. Keep it Aloha!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-02 10:59 pm   Permalink

We named that guy "Vic" and Vic thinks you may as well start carving his moa brother first Same size as the smaller one that was bought out from under me
T.O. in Hollywood then back up north for RockaHula...Oh the tiki madness!
Cheers, Dwayne

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 9:07 pm   Permalink

Check your PM's Dwayne. Flashing red envelope.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation