[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki My cool house
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
My cool house
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 2:13 pm   Permalink

My aunt and Uncle live like 7 blocks away from me in the house I grew up in and about 3 years ago, redid the whole house with a tiki/vintage/50's flair. They did such a great job that I'd thought I'd share pictures

This is the living room, looking from the dining room.

This is a corner of the living room, looking from the opposite side

Here's part of the dining room, and the hallway behind me leads to the room in the next picture:

I call this the "Shag Room". It's where I sleep when I visit on weekends

The "Music Room" next to the "Shag Room"

The opposite side of the Music Room.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 2:28 pm   Permalink

love it!!!!!

Thank you for sharing.

I am so jealous that you get to hang out in that house!

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2009-08-29 14:29 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 2:32 pm   Permalink

Hahaha. Thanks. I feel pretty special too. I love it there, I know that place better than any other. It is definatlry my home.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 2:45 pm   Permalink

That house is the ginchy-est, like wayout!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-29 3:25 pm   Permalink

Kewlio indeed...love the lamps and clocks...the furniture & drapes are over the top. Nicely done!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 4:39 pm   Permalink

Love the Frankl style coffee tables ....way COOOOOOOOL!!

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 4:46 pm   Permalink

TIKI MODERN if ever I saw it!!!! Glad you get to enjoy that impeccable taste, you got a real cool aunt and uncle there dear boy. Maybe 'Tiki Towers' will look that good one day...

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 12:19 am   Permalink

What an amazing rattan furniture collection. Love the pillows mirroring the Eames clock. And all that in Palm Springs -That's what I call living the Shag life! But who are the twins in the picture with your aunt?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 1:14 pm   Permalink

Jetson you need to show this to Mr. Spacely!

Really WORKIN the 50's ATMOSPHERE! Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 2:17 pm   Permalink

Kickin' digs!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 7:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-30 00:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
What an amazing rattan furniture collection. Love the pillows mirroring the Eames clock. And all that in Palm Springs -That's what I call living the Shag life! But who are the twins in the picture with your aunt?

Hahaha. I'm the one in the green shirt, the girl is my friend ari, and the guy in the red shirt is my other friend Ari's boyfriend sal. People tell us all the time that we look related.

Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 7:50 pm   Permalink

And thank you everyone for the great comments. I'm sure that my aunt and uncle will very much appreciate them!

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 8:21 pm   Permalink

Wonderful house! They did a great job.

No wonder you spend weekends there!!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McSwanky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-31 7:09 pm   Permalink

AMAZING! Were they fortunate enough to find most of their furniture in the same place, or was it collected over a period of time?!

View Profile of McSwanky Send a personal message to McSwanky      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictikigirl

Posted: 2009-08-31 10:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-31 19:09, McSwanky wrote:
AMAZING! Were they fortunate enough to find most of their furniture in the same place, or was it collected over a period of time?!

To answer McSwanky, It took us several years from several different sources: Thrift Stores, Ebay and Craigs list to just name a few. However we have been collecting 50's for 20 years. We were fortunate to acquire our beginnings of the Tiki collection from my grandfather who was a captain overseas in WW2 and fell in love with Tahiti and the surrounds. (He spent 37 years in the navy).

We would like to thank everyone for their nice comments.
Atomic Tiki Girl

View Profile of atomictikigirl Send a personal message to atomictikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation