[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tommy Bahama Rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tommy Bahama Rum
BigRedTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-31 4:06 pm   Permalink

Picked this up today at the liquor store for about $30, cool mug and packaging, haven't tried the rum...

View Profile of BigRedTiki Send a personal message to BigRedTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-31 16:06, mfachman wrote:

haven't tried the rum...

don't...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 06:50 am   Permalink

What is wrong/bad with the rum? Please tell us more, Thanks!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 08:41 am   Permalink

I'd say Tommy Bahama is no better/worse than Bacardi Superior. The difference is that while Bacardi goes for about $12/750 ml, Tommy Bahama goes for about $25/750 ml. Double the the price for no better rum than your run-of-the-mill Bacardi -- which isn't so great to begin with. On a happier note, the mug looks cool.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 09:23 am   Permalink

I'd buy it for the mug and use the rum to serve to guests w/out discriminating tastes, or use it in rum & cokes. Either way, cool looking mug!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-01 06:50, TikiGoddess wrote:

How can anything with the name TOMMY BAHAMA be any good for us folks here?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-01 06:50, TikiGoddess wrote:

Quote:

On 2009-09-01 08:41, arriano wrote:
I'd say Tommy Bahama is no better/worse than Bacardi Superior. The difference is that while Bacardi goes for about $12/750 ml, Tommy Bahama goes for about $25/750 ml. Double the the price for no better rum than your run-of-the-mill Bacardi -- which isn't so great to begin with.

Nicely put. TB White Sand tastes hot and chemically to me; same w/ Bacardi products. Better off using is as an odor-lifter from fabrics. And I'd actually go a step further and say neither are a good as Cruzan Silver for mixing.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 8:32 pm   Permalink

For a short time my local dive bar was using it for their well rum. It's so bad I chose their normal gut-rot rum.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 12:38 pm   Permalink

White Bacardi has dominated the Rum market for so many years, decades really, that it seems that Liquor makers -and the consumer- have lost all connection to what rum: R-U-M, is supposed to taste like. Consequently, 90% of all new designer rums completely miss the point, in my opinion. Tommy Bahama is one of the most blatant failures, because they push their stuff soooo much ...and are so off the mark.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 03:25 am   Permalink

I guess rum discussions belong in TIKI DRINKS, but as for Bacardi, their history is all about NOT having an interesting flavor. Mixability for what we call cocktails is Don Facundo Bacardi Masso's claim to fame. Now if their products taste like metallic chemicals to you I guess it's not very mixable. (Oh, and Bacardi 8 is pretty good stuff.)

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A.R. McTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-03 11:32 am   Permalink

Right, Bongo. Bacaradi's ads for the last fifty or sixty years have been all about mixed drinks (like Daiquiris) and not about "Wow, that's a good rum!"

View Profile of A.R. McTiki Send a personal message to A.R. McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matango Derek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-06 5:17 pm   Permalink

You can tell Tommy Bahama knows what they're talking about when the packaging calls it a "Tiki Cup" instead of a "Tiki Mug".

View Profile of Matango Derek Send a personal message to Matango Derek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 8:30 pm   Permalink

I just want the "Tiki Cup" but my local Tommy Bahama has never heard of it.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McSwanky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-11 8:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-07 20:30, MauiTiki wrote:
I just want the "Tiki Cup" but my local Tommy Bahama has never heard of it.

You can't get it at Tommy Bahama stores, just liquor stores. My dads in distribution and got a few for me from an associate of his who had a few loose out of packaging.

View Profile of McSwanky Send a personal message to McSwanky      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-28 6:24 pm   Permalink

The "Tiki Cup" gift box showed up in New Hampshire this week for $18.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation