FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tommy Bahama Rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Tommy Bahama Rum
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 10:01 am   Permalink

YA know BRO,
You are missing a great opportunity here.
you could offer up a "Big Bro approved" sticker
to all 'TIKI' related manufacturers
they summit their products to YOU, and you approve or disapprove.
giving the authority to attach a "B.B. APROVED" sticker to the item.
they,of course, would try harder to produce only quality items set to your standards. thus raising the bar,and in the end saving all of us 'uneducated' collectors the embarrassment of buying crap.
just a thought.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-12-30 10:06 am   Permalink

Warning, the following comment is an opinion (apologies to Wayne Coombs and probably many TC members):

Personally, I have a thing against pineapples on Tikis. To me, it's just so ascetically lame, sorry. Pairing that up with a bad rum just makes things worse (for me... not necessarily you).

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigRedTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-30 10:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-30 10:06, Hakalugi wrote:
Warning, the following comment is an opinion (apologies to Wayne Coombs and probably many TC members):

Personally, I have a thing against pineapples on Tikis. To me, it's just so ascetically lame, sorry. Pairing that up with a bad rum just makes things worse (for me... not necessarily you).

I have to agree with you there, I like this mug OK, but it would be much cooler if it ditched the pineapple. I really dislike when on a carving the pineapple is painted and that becomes the focal point. This is not to speak badly on the fine juices of the pineapple, which are of course delicious.

View Profile of BigRedTiki Send a personal message to BigRedTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigRedTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-30 10:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-30 09:50, bigbrotiki wrote:
I know.....when it comes to bad Tiki and bad rum, I can be a mean mother! Sigh.

Now that was funny.

View Profile of BigRedTiki Send a personal message to BigRedTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 10:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-30 10:01, TIKI DAVID wrote:
YA know BRO,
You are missing a great opportunity here.
you could offer up a "Big Bro approved" sticker
to all 'TIKI' related manufacturers...

YA know DAVID, if I could, I would, if not for anything else than just for the joy of irking the hell out of you -and evoking another one of those rare "just a thought" wisdoms !

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-30 2:23 pm   Permalink

I gotta side with Bigbro! On a few levels! Tommy Bahama rum and Tommy Bahama tiki mug kinda goes hand in hand with listening to Jimmy Buffet in your tiki bar. Not everything tiki-ish is done in good taste and should be revered just because a mediocre attempt was made. Being selective on what you choose to patronize and support through your spending dollars can take discipline. Just because you put syrup on it dont make it pancakes and all that glitters aint gold!!!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation