FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 12:48 am   Permalink

So what is everyone watching these day's I for one am a "Madmen" fan, what say you?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-09-02 00:49 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 02:01 am   Permalink

What? no Don Draper Love here, what would Don Draper Do?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2009-09-02 10:51 am   Permalink

Hoarders, Wife Swap, the Office, & the International Sexy Ladies Show. When nothing else is on, we're watching DVD/reruns of Newhart, Dark Shadows and Battlestar Galactica.

Mad Men, like Weeds, et al, is a tad too morally ambivalent for us to be able to engage with the characters.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-02 11:04 am   Permalink

Dexter and Californication are starting new seasons on Sept 27th !

That's what I'll be watching. Besides that, the Closer.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 11:17 am   Permalink

Nurse Jackie, Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t, Entourage, True Blood, and..Hung. No, Hung is nowhere near as dirty as the premise sounds. \

(shouldn't this be in Bilge?)

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mick9
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-02 11:20 am   Permalink

My wife watches madmen. Kind of a soap for the sixties cocktail crowd. Its kind of a show for the ladies ...I guess. But nonetheless making cocktails and the styles of dress hip again.

OH yeah I did hear them play Misirlou by Martin Denny on an episode. Thats when I got interested.

[ This Message was edited by: mick9 2009-09-02 11:30 ]

View Profile of mick9 Send a personal message to mick9  Email mick9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 1:14 pm   Permalink

Mick9, Madmen has some of the very best writing of any show right now, the characters are multilayered, flawed & real, the production staff has done a great job of recreating the era, It was a time I was alive for and shows just how much society has changed over the years.

Also I have been getting a kick out of Rescue Me, True Blood, am Waiting for Dexter, I miss Battlestar Galactica.

The Moai see, the Moai like!

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 5:10 pm   Permalink

The wife and I decided to cancel cable, but I did buy season one and two of Madmen. That show is awesome!

Love the clothing, style, furniture and characters. Wish they showed more cars! Anyone know where to find men's suits like Don Draper wears?

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dewey-surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 5:29 pm   Permalink

The only 'new' show I have been watching is the 'Big Bang Theory'.

Other than that, I love when the Honeymooners come on WGN (usually Sunday nights, or after a Cubs game). They have been showing some of the lost episodes, which ran on the the Jackie Gleason show prior to the stand alone Classic 39 episodes, so that is cool.

P.S. Pumped for football season, even though my team is going to suck wind this year. Go Bucs anyway!

View Profile of dewey-surf Send a personal message to dewey-surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-02 6:28 pm   Permalink

Top 3 right now:
Mad Men
True Blood
Robot Chicken

Just getting into/discovering/catching up on:
Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations
Desperate Housewives
Rescue Me
Whale Wars

Waiting for:
Dexter
Sarah Silverman Show (if it returns)
Venture Bros.

No TV (fer like twelve years), so it's all DVDs and, um... well there's some mysterious way the shows appear on the PC's hard-drive. I ask my roommate about it & we're just baffled... Computer-gremlins, probably...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 6:52 pm   Permalink

I know some of the clothes are found in vintage shops in the Pasadena area as is most of the Furniture & lamps etc.
there was a good article in the L.A. Times a few weeks ago about it.

I missed one show I enjoy very much is the Venture Brothers on Adult Swim.

Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 6:56 pm   Permalink

Flight of the Conchords

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 7:14 pm   Permalink

Top Gear and catching up on season four of Doctor Who. Waiting for Lost to start anew.

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 7:45 pm   Permalink

me too waiting for LOST,

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 7:55 pm   Permalink

Twitch, I to am hooked on "No Reservations" forgot to mention that one.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation