FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 4:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-26 00:11, Tom Slick wrote:
and isn't it funny shows are now going back in realistic time, versus some emo vampire saga crap!? hahah, so glad the lame fads are fading, and maybe people are going to start developing taste again...

the going back in realistic time has a lot to do with the success of '
mad men' so all the networks are trying to capitalize on the "new retro fad". since it won't be back until 2012, there is a race to fill up that gap.

there is also a new "reboot" (what the hell does that even mean?) of 'charlie's angels' but in all honesty, this is one of the worst shows on television- right up there with swill like jersey shore.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 4:53 pm   Permalink

Being that we don't have cable or satellite, right now the "must watch" shows are/have been the new Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, Big Bang Theory, Fringe, and The Amazing Race. We also tend to watch So You Think You Can Dance and Hell's Kitchen when available. We have not been opposed to watching NCIS Los Angeles or Criminal Minds and a few of the syndicated shows. Otherwise it's old TV series and movies on Antenna TV, This TV, Me TV, or the Wii (Netflix) or DVDs.

The vast majority of current TV shows and movies suck sweaty donkey balls or we couldn't care less about. We see the promos for TV shows or movies trailers and sometimes in unison say "pass" like our minds are eerily linked.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 5:26 pm   Permalink

Bear, I hope the "We" you refer to is the Mrs. and not an "Alter"

That's me, always looking out for Tiki Centrals mental health......
or..... Am I?

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 5:43 pm   Permalink

Yes, Chuck. The "We" means myself and the Mrs. (sometimes the son too). I may be pupuli, but I'm not THAT pupuli.

Bear

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 9:06 pm   Permalink

Really excited for the return of "Chuck" soon!

Just watched the "Pan-Am" pilot and was thoroughly entertained. Hoping to see much more in the way of mid-century design out of that one.

Saw the first two eps of "Ringer" and it was decent, but I'm not sure it's got legs.

The season opener of "Fringe" was very good, but we miss Peter

Still watching "Doctor Who" although I can't really warm up to The Doctor as much as I'd like. Amy Pond, on the other hand...

Been watching "Smallville" on DVD. Ridiculously cheesy, but also charming and enough sci-fi to be fun.

Got Season 6 of "Supernatural" for my birthday, along with Season 1 of "Mad Men" but haven't cracked open either yet.

Recorded tonight's premiere of "Terra Nova" (or as I like to call it, "Jurassic Park: The Series") but haven't watched it yet.

Missed "Person of Interest"'s pilot (dagnabbit...did anybody catch it?? was it any good?? better than last year's J.J. Abrams stinker I hope?!)

[ This Message was edited by: Luki 2011-09-26 21:28 ]

View Profile of Luki Send a personal message to Luki  Goto the website of Luki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 11:31 pm   Permalink

Catch Next weeks "The Layover" Anthony Bourdain's new show on the Travel Channel
Next Monday he is off to San Francisco & The Tonga Room!!!

Yes, the Tonga Room gets some T.V. Love!

[ This Message was edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2012-01-02 23:33 ]

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-03 9:38 pm   Permalink

thanks for the heads up Chuck,
I usually watch that show,
will have to set the DVR or look for the replay.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-08 9:07 pm   Permalink

Tomorrow, Tonga Room on the Layover!

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/san-franciscos-tiki-bar

[ This Message was edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2012-01-08 21:09 ]

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-15 08:43 am   Permalink

Got all 4 seasons of Doc Martin for Christmas. I great quirky British series.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-24 03:43 am   Permalink

Sven! why did you not mention that your better half was on tonight's "The Layover"
We got to see her & Billy at the Soap Plant / Wacko / La Luz de Jesus Gallery, the Tiki Ti was mentioned
but no visit, so was the Prince, alot of time spent at "Jumbo's Clown Room"

Catch the repeat everyone!
I really dig this show.

Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-30 6:47 pm   Permalink

It looks like The episode of the new Fox show "The Finder" that was filmed
at Don the Beachcomber airs this week Thurs Feb. 2nd 9:oopm westcoast time.

ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-01 10:34 pm   Permalink

So glad that Justified and Archer started new seasons. Picked up the Young Ones on dvd so I've realy been enjoying that. The new Looney Toones Show is really funny.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-02 03:50 am   Permalink

Vyv: "Vyvyan, Vyvyan, Vyvyan! Honestly, everytime someything explodes in this house its always "Blame Vyvyan!"!"
Mike: Well who do you suggest we blame?!
Rick: THATCHER!
Vyv: No, blame whoever rang the front door bell! They obviously triggered the bomb I set up.

The Young Ones, Good times indeed.....

Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-02 7:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-01-30 18:47, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:

Bump for tonight!

Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-03 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-02-02 19:00, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-01-30 18:47, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:

Bump for tonight!

Here is a clip
http://www.fox.com/the-finder/videos/7850383/the-plan?sortby=date

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation