FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-04 7:14 pm   Permalink

"The person who drinks it will become an axe-wielding homicidal maniac, it's a cure really... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac."

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 03:04 am   Permalink

Archer on FX. It's the funniest spy show ever.

[ This Message was edited by: Wayfarer 2012-02-12 04:19 ]

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-10 11:46 pm   Permalink

I was laughing so hard during the Burt Reynolds episode that I kept spilling my drink.

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-25 6:17 pm   Permalink

New season of "Madmen" on right now!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-09 5:31 pm   Permalink

Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" new season starts tonight
on the Travel Channel see your TV listings as it will be repeated a couple of times tonight.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-09 6:39 pm   Permalink

Was looking forward to "Magic City" and have to say, I enjoyed it. Hope it doesn't get to soapy or gangsta...but the sets and clothing was fabulous!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-13 8:45 pm   Permalink

Just made it through the second episode of Magic City. I love the sets and costumes but I'm still not too into it. It was cool seeing the Mai Kai(Molokai Bar) in this episode, though.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-03 02:14 am   Permalink

So I have been watching "Magic City" I was hoping this was going to be a "Hard boiled" retro show
with a Mad Men vibe & so far this show has dropped the ball on narrative, Accurately portraying the era & style
No one has anything interesting to say.

Except for the two leads the acting is sub par with the rest of the cast, I can see the plot coming from a mile away
and I expect more from a show like this..........Can it improve? since we are half way thru the season it doesn't seem so.

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-06 08:32 am   Permalink

Gidget. My 4 year old daughter thinks it's the greatest show ever and tells me she wants to be like her when she grows up:)

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-06 8:27 pm   Permalink

I just started to re-watched Black Books from the beginning again. Right up there with the Young Ones in total contempt for everything except booze.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-14 12:02 am   Permalink

On a solid episode of Madmen tonight, Roger took clients to Trader Vic's
which appear to have been filmed at Trader Vic's L.A.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-14 12:17 am   Permalink

I am hopelessly addicted to Magic City...LOVE IT!!! Other than that really the only shows I watch regularly are Psych & Burn Notice. TV is really bad...I typically end up watching movies and reruns.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 7:10 pm   Permalink

Just found out that Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" has new episodes starting tonight
He is off to Sydney & be sure to check out singer Lanie Lane!

Repeat is at 9pm on the west coast on the travel channel.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-11 11:19 am   Permalink

This is a great show.
Here is one of the best episodes. (funny as Heck)
Chef Anthony Bourdain tending the saute station (with Chef Eric Ripert at the grill) on the line at the Brasserie Les Halles in NYC.

"It's interesting to read his book Medium Raw where he says that there is no way he could have done it the next day because it is young person's game. He says that if you are 31 years old, you are too old to work in this environment"

I too found myself too old for that environment and sold my restaurant.
Dam I miss it though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jICjaXeyFKs

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2012-09-11 11:21 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-11 11:31 am   Permalink

Ok one more,
this too is a great episode.
Dam I want to eat here.
50 Chefs!! ONE seating a night.
But it's gone.
ElBulli in Spain .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZtWeqVNuA&feature=related

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation