FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 1:19 pm   Permalink

This "prequel" to Treasure Island" sure has plenty of sex & murder (not that there is anything wrong with that! well maybe the murder part.)
most of the Pirates look like rock stars or models with perfect teeth, The clothes are more "runway fashion" then historically accurate
And so little of the show is spent at sea & dwells on the political backstabbing & one-upmanship of the main characters
yet I have been watching it......but it's no True Detective!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 3:40 pm   Permalink

Agreed about the casts looks (especially their teeth). Some of the background/bit players look a bit more realistic and I wish they spent more time raiding ships and less time screwing each other over politically, but having said all that it's a show about pirates filled with sex and murder so I'm giving it a handicap. True Detective is the best thing I've seen on TV in a long time. I know a show is special when I'm on the computer hours later researching all of the references and pulling my old Lovecraft books off the shelf. Totally different league. But I like pirates!

[ This Message was edited by: SoCal Savage 2014-03-04 16:42 ]

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 6:50 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 9:12 pm   Permalink

So NBC is now getting into the Pirate game with what looks like an alternate universe story of Blackbeard, one in which he doesn't die at Maynards hand, but lives on and turns into... John Malkovich.

Now I've got nothing against John Malkovich, but as Blackbeard?!?!?! Needless to say this being a network production everyone looks so clean and pretty, Blacksails plays like documentary in comparison to this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJdrrHm3HhY

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 9:42 pm   Permalink

CONSTANTINE (aka Hellblazer) is coming next season....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPE2oBnzROY

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 9:44 pm   Permalink

I love me a good pirate show! But I'll wait for iTunes or Netflix. Commercial TV and I parted ways a few years back, and I'm happy to pay the alimony.

Here's what I'm watching: BBC Sherlock. Magnum PI. Game of Thrones. Bob's Burgers. And one of my new favorite shows, Rick and Morty.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 10:04 pm   Permalink

Penny Dreadful

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 10:12 pm   Permalink

Is Penny Dreadful any good?

I'd love for Constanine to be what the Keanu Reeves movie wasn't I love those graphic novels.

Has anyone seen "Ripper Street"? I marathoned through all of them and really enjoyed it.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 10:32 pm   Permalink

Penny Dreadful was interesting & compelling with a good cast
I will watch it to see where the story is heading, it is very atmospheric & moody.

One of the better shows on right now is Hannibal, also Rick & Morty is funny
I give it 4 MeowMeowBeenz.

The new Constantine is much closer to the comic book, so fingers crossed.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-05-11 22:35 ]

SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-11 10:34 pm   Permalink

That Constanine trailer actually looks really good.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-02 03:21 am   Permalink

A Tease of season 6 of the Venture Brothers!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SnoopyScoops/news/?a=105026
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WL4XfBTCe0

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-06 2:51 pm   Permalink

She's dead! Wrapped in plastic!

Yahoo!: Twin Peaks returns

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-06 3:02 pm   Permalink

I just read the news KB33
and this sounds very promising, New Twin Peaks
and made for cable!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-07 02:20 am   Permalink

Like Junior Brown? looking forward to the Breaking Bad spinoff "Better Call Saul"
Then this is for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGsC_LO3oFY

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation