FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-10 7:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-02-27 05:20, MrBaliHai wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-08-07 16:17, socksoff wrote:
besides being the only anderson show that ran on us tv...

Actually, Anderson's Supermarionation shows were well-represented on US television: Thunderbirds, Stingray, Joe 90, and Captain Scarlett all played on teevee back in the 60s. I know because I watched them religiously while growing up in various US locales. In addition, his live-action shows, Space: 1999, and UFO were very popular stateside in the 70s.

[ This Message was edited by: MrBaliHai 2016-02-27 05:22 ]

well, blow me down. i've actually been catching stingray, captain scarlett and and episode of joe 90 every now and then on some classic teevee. this is really my type of stuff.

to this day, i've only caught one episode of space: 1999 but i'm so in love with barbara bain that i named my hideout the moonbase. in mine mind, i'm married to babs (during her mission:impossible/cinnamon years) and the world loops endlessly from 1965-1977

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-11 05:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

to this day, i've only caught one episode of space: 1999 but i'm so in love with barbara bain that i named my hideout the moonbase. in mine mind, i'm married to babs (during her mission:impossible/cinnamon years) and the world loops endlessly from 1965-1977

You sir, have very good taste.....very good indeed.

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 25 days ago; 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-05-10 19:29, socksoff wrote:
well, blow me down. i've actually been catching stingray, captain scarlett and and episode of joe 90 every now and then on some classic teevee. this is really my type of stuff.

You may be interested to know that Amazon.com released a Thunderbirds remake/remodel on Amazon Prime recently. It's CGI with motion-capture characters, but they've managed to retain a bit of Anderson's hinky, clunky Supermarionation vibe:

https://youtu.be/jU10Ddoi7jE

Quote:

Hey, buddy, *I'm* married to Barbara Bain in my mind, so stop making time with my imaginary wife!

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 25 days ago; 5:16 pm   Permalink

I am a TV addict even though the shows stink. I truly miss the 60/70s as there was really good TV back then. USA usually hosts some great shows and just when you are addicted they cancel them...such a pisser. I finally bought the DVDs for Magic City and Psyche and someday I will have a marathon. Speaking of marathons, I always watch any James Bond just to support the event.

I am watching Outlander, fabulous sets and costumes but it is getting pretty soap operaish. Otherwise not really watching anything other than new and old TOP GEAR...my fave right now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation