FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
What TV shows are you Poly-Popsters watching
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-18 01:04 am   Permalink

So what did you guys think about the "Madmen" ending?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-07 4:17 pm   Permalink

greetings retronauts.

the missus and i have been watching
fireball xl5 by gerry and sylvia anderson (husband and wife who created space 1999 and thunderbirds). besides being the only anderson show that ran on us tv, this was also the only show which the duo voiced. a true masterclass in puppetry from the 60s and a must watch for technophiles

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2015-08-10 10:58 pm   Permalink

Socks, I used to love watching Fireball when I was a kid. Loved the old cartoons and any type of puppetry still do. In junior high school I started watching Buster Crabbes' Flash Gorden serials on TV, great stuff. Huh, I wonder if Flash Gorden is on netflix?

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-08-11 10:28 am   Permalink

hi tikicoma. i was completely unaware of this show until i saw it on classic tv a few weeks ago. a lucky coincidence i might add.

not sure if flash gordon is on netflix. i personally bought
the new adventures of flash gordon although i've always wanted to watch the black & white serials from the 40s.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-15 6:34 pm   Permalink

narcos. finished watching it last saturday. best new show on the tube for me

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-18 11:09 pm   Permalink

Another favorite series returning?

Bring Back MST3K

in the not too distant future!?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-23 11:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-12-18 23:09, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Another favorite series returning?

Bring Back MST3K

in the not too distant future!?

It is coming back now after a successful crowd funding for 14 new episodes ,sometime this year.
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/mst3k-returns-joel-hodgson-on-resurrecting-the-cult-tv-show-20151222

New X-Files tomorrow night!!!
One of my all time favorite shows back in the 90s, fingers are crossed for some quality episodes.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-25 07:08 am   Permalink

So who watched the new X-Files?
what did you think?

Captainwhoopass
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-25 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-01-25 07:08, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
So who watched the new X-Files?
what did you think?

Man, I had been geeked for this for so long I was almost prepared to be disappointed. Gillian Anderson can do no wrong. Actually it was spectacular how both Anderson and Duchovny picked up their characters again as if no time had passed since the series ended.

I absolutely loved it. I cannot wait for the next episode.

View Profile of Captainwhoopass Send a personal message to Captainwhoopass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-25 10:34 am   Permalink

Review not good for new X-Files but

Yahoo:X-Files review by Ken Tucker

I recorded it for later viewing and will decide for myself.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-25 5:46 pm   Permalink

I saw those negative reviews also, K.B.

So I prepared myself for disappointment, but after watching the first episode
I think the reviewers are a bunch of Millennials, who don't get the show in the first place
and didn't watch it during it's original run, my take is, the first episode had to do a few things to get
the characters established and setup a background story to push the narrative forward after all these years

It felt like the "X-Files" the show was fast paced & action packed for a typical X-Files episode from the 90s
it setup the conspiracy with a twist, the original show was always talky, so the ADD riddled millennials will probably take issue with it

The show is back and another new episode is on tonight, I will be tuning in!

socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-26 11:08 pm   Permalink

x-files was beyond disappointing. they only had to make 6 episodes and somehow they managed to make the worst 6 episodes imaginable. even david duchovny seemed to be phoning in his performance. i couldn't even finish the last episode because it was the worst.

currently, i'm watching:

i'm really enjoying the people vs oj but the 11.22.63 isn't too bad, just not as good

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-27 05:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-07 16:17, socksoff wrote:
besides being the only anderson show that ran on us tv...

Actually, Anderson's Supermarionation shows were well-represented on US television: Thunderbirds, Stingray, Joe 90, and Captain Scarlett all played on teevee back in the 60s. I know because I watched them religiously while growing up in various US locales. In addition, his live-action shows, Space: 1999, and UFO were very popular stateside in the 70s.

[ This Message was edited by: MrBaliHai 2016-02-27 05:22 ]

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-17 4:15 pm   Permalink

Caught a couple of episodes of HBO's "Vinyl" last weekend when I was nursing a terrible case of bronchitis. Enjoyed the gritty scenes of NYC in the '70s, and the recreation of the New York Dolls destroying the Mercer Arts Center (image below) was pretty spot-on, but the show's high-concept of "Mad Men Meets Marty (Scorcese) and Mick (Jagger), coupled with the really distracting actor imitations of Alice Cooper and Robert Plant didn't work for me at all.

On the other hand, the new season of The Venture Brothers debuted after 2 loooong years of waiting, and it didn't disappoint. New revelations about the Mighty Monarch's father, The Blue Morpho, and his relationship to the skeevy Dr. Jonas Venture have kept me riveted for the past 7 weeks, and as always, the show takes on a plethora of Marvel/DC superhero-villain cliches and reduces them to belly laughs. My only beef is that the show, usually a reliable source of ridiculous Poly-pop references, has been completely devoid of them this season, although last week's episode featured the Doc teaching his minions how to create a highly-disgusting cocktail creation called the "Ruddy Bottom": an unappetizing combination of grenadine, tomato juice, and rum.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-04-02 6:08 pm   Permalink

Here is a new show we are watching, 60 Days in.
I go through flash backs when I watch it because much of the BS and intimidation tactics
That the inmates use on this show are the same as when I used to work at the Ohio State University.
Working at OSU was much like the show.
Crazy yelling and fighting while the bosses do nothing about it.
My life was threatened twice, the guy who made the threat was killed in a drive by shooting.

And here’s a new one [Robert Greene’s ‘The 48 Laws of Power’
This is a book that one of the inmates wants.
Man scary stuff in that book.
All the while Hollywood has us think folks in jail are there for one joint.
Not these guys, they STUDY how to take advantage of people.

Interesting show.
60 Days in…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/60_Days_In

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation