FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events House of Tiki is (sadly) Closing Our Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
House of Tiki is (sadly) Closing Our Hut
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 09:48 am   Permalink

Sad to hear such a cool shop is closing. I hope you guys can get something else going in the future. Wes, I just met you at Oasis and you struck me as a very nice, layed back person. I wish you all the best.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 10:15 am   Permalink

Wes,
It was a good run. I still have my mug. Good luck in future endeavors.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2009-09-07 12:42 pm   Permalink

Really liked your shop, Wes. Sorry to see it go. Best of luck with the future!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
builtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-07 7:09 pm   Permalink

sorry to hear such sad news guys...the tiki world has lost a tresure...

View Profile of builtiki Send a personal message to builtiki  Email builtiki Goto the website of builtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-08 9:11 pm   Permalink

Hi everybody, don't forget to come on down Saturday & show House of Tiki some love....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-09 3:02 pm   Permalink

Very sad to hear the news. Wes and Pua are about as good as it gets. I'd like to thank both of you personally for supporting Tiki Magazine over the last 5 years,
especially when the magazine was just starting out. House of Tiki is a great store built with the Aloha Spirit. I'm going to make the trip up from San Diego on Saturday.
All I can say is Bummer! Best of luck to both Wes and Pua in the future! See you on Saturday.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hangtentiki

Posted: 2009-09-10 04:24 am   Permalink

Just do'in it. The process, friends, artifacts you leave behind. Your wave has hit the shore, and I hoped you enjoyed the ride. Much more mana to you all in the future.

View Profile of Hangtentiki Send a personal message to Hangtentiki  Email Hangtentiki Goto the website of Hangtentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 10:40 am   Permalink

Aloha 'Ohana:

Just an update and a bump while we're at it. Thank you for the kind words and outpouring of love as we bid Aloha 'oe to our beloved H.O.T. Means the world to us.

House of Tiki 'ohana alumni and Tiki Farm's own lovely Nalani (Sharon), has kindly and generously offered to provide some entertainment at our hut on Saturday. Many of you know the beauty and the sweet spirit of aloha that is Tropical Paradise Dancers. We're so honored and lucky to have had the pleasure of working with and knowing Gary and Sharon and we're touched that they've offered to help us out.

Please come by this Saturday (10 am to 6 pm) and say Aloha!

Wes

660 W. 17th Street,

[ This Message was edited by: shakatiki 2009-09-10 11:13 ]

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 11:58 pm   Permalink

See you there......

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 08:28 am   Permalink

I'm gonna try to swing by, before going to the SHAG swap meet deal.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 09:13 am   Permalink

Mahalo Everyone...you touch my heart!

View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:14 pm   Permalink

The House of Tiki will be very missed. You can count on us for a visit tomorrow, but it'll be with heavy heart that we say goodbye to this great little shop with the warm, friendly staff. Aloha and good luck to you in the future.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-09-11 7:28 pm   Permalink

See you Saturday at House of Tiki.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 7:31 pm   Permalink

Oh man that really sucks. Hopefully I'll get a chance to stop by before you fully close.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 8:50 pm   Permalink

Everybody get down there, get a good deal on something cool, get one of House of Tiki's great Tiki Mugs before they are gone,forever!
Show Wes & Pua some Love.

Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it,Do it......

The Moai see, the Moai like!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation