FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki 37 new Trader Vic's locations opening (1 in US)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
37 new Trader Vic's locations opening (1 in US)
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 12:22 am   Permalink

From the revamped TV website: http://tradervics.com/locations/newlocations.html

That is a sh*tload of locations... I guess the new-ish TV's CEO Robert Davies is really earning his paycheck... I want to go to the ones in the Caribbean.

Trad'r Bill

Thanks AlienTiki - I think you're right about Kansas (corrected)

[ This Message was edited by: Trad'r Bill 2009-09-14 00:33 ]

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 12:30 am   Permalink

Kansas is still part of the US there Trad'r.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-14 12:31 am   Permalink

Cool, fingers crossed that one will open in Sweden soon.

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 12:58 am   Permalink

No new ones in Asia, only 4 are left there now. I gotta get off my ass and go over there.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 04:58 am   Permalink

Three new Trader Vic's in England, do you think the Manchester one will be co-owned by the Gallagher brothers?

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 05:27 am   Permalink

Interesting how many of those are in Saudi and other Muslim countries that don't drink alcohol. I would think that tikis and non-abstract artwork featuring human representations might be problematic as well.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 05:33 am   Permalink

Still none in France
Or Italy, Belgium, Switz...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 10:19 am   Permalink

Dublin!
I have been to Ireland three times and never found anything Tiki.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-14 11:05 am   Permalink

KC?
What happened to DC?

View Profile of skeeter Send a personal message to skeeter  Goto the website of skeeter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 11:44 am   Permalink

Kansas City had a Trader Vic's. In was in the Crown Center Hotel on the Missouri side.
I used to take dates there, made them feel special way back in High School!!!

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 12:41 pm   Permalink

Aqaba! that's right near Eilat, way less of a hassle to get there! I believe I'll have better luck getting G to visit there than Amman or Cairo.

Sadly, Tel Aviv is not ready for TV.

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 1:08 pm   Permalink

Wow, maybe Trader Vic's should rename the franchise name to McTiki's.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-14 1:48 pm   Permalink

Wow! we'll be able to do a Tiki Road trip in the UK soon.

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-14 05:27, MrBaliHai wrote:
"Interesting how many of those are in Saudi and other Muslim countries that don't drink alcohol. I would think that tikis and non-abstract artwork featuring human representations might be problematic as well."

Yeah, I've wondered about that, myself, for a while. Trader Vic's were closing all over the U.S., and opening right and left in Dubai, etc. Especially wonder about Saudi Arabia. Spare ribs and a Mai Tai, under the grimacing visage of Lono? Uh, some folks are rather... adamant about that sort of thing in Saudi, aren't they?

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 6:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-14 17:55, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-09-14 05:27, MrBaliHai wrote:
"Interesting how many of those are in Saudi and other Muslim countries that don't drink alcohol. I would think that tikis and non-abstract artwork featuring human representations might be problematic as well."

Yeah, I've wondered about that, myself, for a while. Trader Vic's were closing all over the U.S., and opening right and left in Dubai, etc. Especially wonder about Saudi Arabia. Spare ribs and a Mai Tai, under the grimacing visage of Lono? Uh, some folks are rather... adamant about that sort of thing in Saudi, aren't they?

As the defenders of the Hajj, the Vic's in Saudi definitely won't be serving any pork or alcohol. Don't know about Lono, but he's probably Tiki non grata as well.

I lived in Kuwait and Dubai back in the Sixties, and there are Western-only zones and clubs where liquor can be served and consumed. My parents spent a lot of time there!...

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation