FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki 37 new Trader Vic's locations opening (1 in US)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
37 new Trader Vic's locations opening (1 in US)
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-12 7:46 pm   Permalink

Looks like you can scrap the Overland Park, Kansas location from the list for good. After over a year of NOTHING happening at the construction hole the developer has just filed for Chap. 11 bankruptcy. It may still happen, but then again, monkeys may fly out of my butt.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-04 06:18 am   Permalink

I wonder what happened with the previously announced bars, it seems like some of them - for example all UK bars - have disappeared from the list of future locations...

old list:

new list:

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Magnus 2010-08-04 06:44 ]

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMonkey

Posted: 2011-05-24 12:29 pm   Permalink

Anyone have more news on Trader Vic's opening in Kansas City? I'm guessing it's dead in the water by now. So much for getting my hopes up

View Profile of TikiMonkey Send a personal message to TikiMonkey  Goto the website of TikiMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 3:53 pm   Permalink

I'm guessing the recession has squashed a lot of these. Seems odd to me that Trader Vic's would have announced these locations before they were under construction.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 10:43 am   Permalink

The "Upcoming Locations" list now has:
TV:
Baku, Azerbaijan
Barbados, Caribbean
Doha, Qatar
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Festival City, Dubai
Papua New Guinea

Mai Tai Lounge:
Baku, Azerbaijan
Barbados, Caribbean
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Odessa, Ukraine
Mumbia, India

(Not of interest here, but just to complete the list, there's also a Senor Pico's in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 12:52 pm   Permalink

All very well but i hope the original in london is not affected by all this expansion,Looks like they are cashing in on all the bars cheekytiki have done over here

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 4:07 pm   Permalink

It looks like the three English locations have been dropped.

Shame, as Manchester would have been the most 'Tiki' location outside of the West coast with three tiki Bars.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
porco
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-12-19 1:12 pm   Permalink

a look inside the new dubai location:

http://eater.com/archives/2012/12/19/behold-the-new-trader-vics-in-dubais-festival-city.php

View Profile of porco Send a personal message to porco  Goto the website of porco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 09:30 am   Permalink

Just noticed these locations on TV website:

Trader Vic's,
Mai Tai Lounge
Opening in 2013
Ras Al Khaimah, UAE

Trader Vic's, Erbil
Swiss-Bellhotel
Opening in 2013
Golan Street
Erbil, Kurdistan

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 10:11 am   Permalink

Here's to hoping we see this soon!

Trader Vic's
Opening in 2014
6000 Penn Ave
Pittsburgh, PA

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 10:38 am   Permalink

How sad that this American company (is it still?)
is closing locations in America, and has no plans to build
here in the near future.
But does have plans for other locations outside of the USA.

I can only HOPE for CHANGE in the future of this kind of dismissing
Of the need here in the land that Trader Vic's was started, and other American companies
need to try and build our economy.
Sure Americas economy sucks now but it won't get better if this keeps going on.
We can go to these locations while on vacation ( and it looks like that's what they are going for)
but if this keeps up Americans won't be able to aford it.
I would guess that it is much less of a pain to open in other countries as it has
become very hard to do business here, and won't get better for some time now.

Come on Trader Vic's don't forget who brought you to the party.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 12:00 pm   Permalink

Someone get the Ghost of Victor Bergeron on that, a-sap.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-06 12:39 pm   Permalink

Sadly, they haven't been an American company for quite some time. I do agree that it would be great for all of us if the US economy was doing better!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aquatic Safarinaut
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-06 2:57 pm   Permalink

Actually the Corporation is still owned and operated by the family. However, all locations, other than the family owned flagship location in Emeryville, are franchises...

Whether locations open or close domestically or internationally is dependent on economics and the vision/passion of the franchisees...

View Profile of Aquatic Safarinaut Send a personal message to Aquatic Safarinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 3:01 pm   Permalink

Case in point: The Hamburg Vic's just closed because the Radisson Hotel management felt it looked...get this.... "too 80s" !

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation