Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Havana Club light 3 year
Havana Club light 3 year
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 06:42 am   Permalink

I know many people here have difficulties getting Havana Club but wondered if anyone have tried their 3 year light (Anejo 3 Anos) opposed to the standard light (Anejo Blanco). Nothing wrong with the standard but I've found the 3 year to be substantially smoother and really making a difference in cocktails that are based on light rum. Unfortunately I can only get the standard here in Sweden and have to order the 3 year illegally from abroad.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 4:16 pm   Permalink

On my most recent visit to Cuba, I mostly sipped the 6-year Anejo Reserva and the 7-year, since I couldn't trust the water in the ice for cocktails.

I did try the 3-year a few times, and I did find it fairly nice for a white rum.

However, I don't find it to be so amazing that it is worth the major effort it takes to get it, especially when there are other great whites out there, like the Matusalem for example. Or, more in the Havana Club 3-year's intended price point, Cruzan would be a better comparison.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-16 8:15 pm   Permalink

IMO, the best white/silver/straw-colored rum out there. Well, that Diplomatico Blanco 3 Year is in the discussion. Wait, El Dorado Cask Aged 3 is there, too.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-17 02:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-16 06:42, Klas wrote:
Unfortunately I can only get the standard here in Sweden and have to order the 3 year illegally from abroad.

I just found out that it's now actually available here.

The selection of white rums in Sweden is pretty small but I'm glad I can get Havana Club instead of Bacardi Superior which is the major white rum over here.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 08:53 am   Permalink

I found 3 Años in Tijuana this past weekend for the first time ever so I snatched up a bottle. Plan to try it soon.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 09:37 am   Permalink

I'm surprised we can't get it here. We have the Anejo Blanco, Anejo Reserva, 7 Year, Barrel Proof, and "Seleccion de Maestros". But then my go-to light rum is Cruzan. Still, I'd like to try this 3-year if it ever became available up here.

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation