FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Las Vegas 9/17-9/20... Frankie's?
Las Vegas 9/17-9/20... Frankie's?
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-16 09:36 am   Permalink

We'll be in Vegas for a few days, will anyone be at Frankie's? Anyone interested in going? We'll have our young daughter with us, so my husband and I have to go separately - I'm not really keen on hanging out at a bar by myself.
Also, is it very far from the Strip (we'll be at the Luxor)?

We're in town because Mike's band Smart Patrol (punk rock DEVO covers) is playing on Friday night 9/18 at the Double Down - so feel free to check that out if it interests you.

Terra
swangulo@verizon.net
www.myspace.com/swangulo

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-09-16 09:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-16 09:36, Swangulo Tikis wrote:

We're in town because Mike's band Smart Patrol (punk rock DEVO covers) is playing on Friday night 9/18 at the Double Down - so feel free to check that out if it interests you.

Sounds good! Wish I could be there. I'll have to watch for a local show.

Ever heard of Claw Hammer? Punk band from Long Beach. They put out a few releases, one was a cover of Devo's entire first album, "Are We Not Men...". Fun stuff.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 1:24 pm   Permalink

Claw Hammer ?? I used to see them all the time 15+ years ago at Raji's (RIP) in Hollywood. They were my favorite local band along with the Lazy Cowgirls and the Humpers. Those were the days when the Red Hot Chili Peppers were kind of a local joke band. My how things change.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2009-09-16 13:35 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 1:46 pm   Permalink

heh, that's funny. those guys stayed with me when i lived in lincoln, ne. they had nowhere to go after the show. i made busquits and gravy in the morning. i still have a couple of their cds.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation