FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 09:18 am   Permalink

Uncle Trav,
It makes me so happy to see your progress. Wish I could get some actual work done on some structures.
Really looking forward to your work.
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 5:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kele. Here are some shots at my attempt at the skylights for the A-frame. I had to take a little artistic license with the framing for the glass. At this small of a scale I couldn't pull of an exact copy of the actual framing.

I used clear plastic sheets for the skylight. Roughed it up with some sandpaper on the front to give it a worn opaque look and the framing is very very thin pin stripping. Here is a shot of my layout for the framing. Thanks for taking a look.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-13 5:58 pm   Permalink

Wow, Trav! Those panels are awesome! You are a true artist in this craft.

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-14 12:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tom. I'm no artist just a construction worker on another small project.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-14 12:53 pm   Permalink

I like it! Gonna be awesome!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-14 2:12 pm   Permalink

This is a remarkable build! I love it!

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-15 06:38 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. Here is a shot of my first attempt at the street side end of the A-frame. This would have to be shortened up a bit before I glue it up. Not sure how it will look though. This is the first time I have painted anything other than a house in twenty five years.

umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 05:20 am   Permalink

I think it is marvelous!

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 10:15 am   Permalink

where's the LIKE button??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-17 9:25 pm   Permalink

Eh uncle, dat's awesome brada!!
The detail work is amazing, great job on that pin striping..
Can't wait to see it finished.

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 9:37 pm   Permalink

Awesome... wonderful... fantastic... (is there an internet equivalent to a standing ovation?)
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 05:27 am   Permalink

WOW !! Thank you very much everyone. I am glad you enjoy the build and progress pics. Here is another shot with the start of the wings off the sides of the A-frame. This part of the model is going to be tough to build because I have to hide all of the larger material that I use for strength in the interior. Thanks again for all of the kind words and comments.

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-18 2:45 pm   Permalink

Wow - these are some seriously cool miniatures! and I'll be damned if your bbq skewers don't look JUST like bamboo! these are awesome!

I'm very glad you're having success with selling these on ebay, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a marked for your miniatures outside our "diorama behind the tiki bar" frame of reference and into the worlds of model railroaders and miniature wargamers. I bet they'd sell very well at those conventions.

Great progress and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 5:49 pm   Permalink

Love this new one...heck they all look great! Love the skylights! Fun!

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-19 2:04 pm   Permalink

Trav, that's awesome! I love it.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation