FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Diorama-o-rama
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Diorama-o-rama
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 3:21 pm   Permalink

Nice job. This model would be an excellent reference model for a painting! I definitely would'nt be too concerned about making it an exact copy of the Kahiki either. Let turn out the way it wants to turn out.

By the way, where can I get a copy of that phenomenal Kahiki pic you have?

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 4:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks Robb.
If you'd like I can scan the postcard and send you a copy if you want to PM me your e-mail.
(well now I see you have your address in the post)

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2009-09-27 16:05 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 09:56 am   Permalink

Did a little more this morning.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
savage sissy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-30 08:32 am   Permalink

Nice Uncle Trav. Glad to see you using a pencil again, been WAY to long. Needs a sign, do the sign, the sign, the sign!

View Profile of savage sissy Send a personal message to savage sissy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 11:43 am   Permalink

Thanks Sissy. Well I have never been to the famous Tiki TI but I have a small one at the house now. Just the front as of yet. Again not an exact copy but close I hope. Here are some shots with and without the flash. Thanks again. Damn you Tiki Ti now I'm getting thirsty!

Tool kit for this one was colored pencils, glue stick, ruler and scissors.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2009-09-30 12:16 ]

bamboobeavis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-02 2:30 pm   Permalink

your miniatures are sweet trav.

View Profile of bamboobeavis Send a personal message to bamboobeavis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-02 9:25 pm   Permalink

Fun! I love those! You should make one of the Xmas villages - Tiki Style! Maybe MCM (ala Edward Scissorhands-esque?). I know exactly what being unemployed does to the mind! Going on 7 months now and boy have I turned out the arts & crafts! LOL

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 2:55 pm   Permalink

Had a snow day today so I thought I would try to thatch the roof of the paper hut from the first page of my post. I used heavy paper stock stained with amber shellac and scissors. My first try at mini thatch.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2010-02-10 15:03 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-10 4:36 pm   Permalink

Glad to see you back at it Trav Looks good.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 5:57 pm   Permalink

The neat thing about your mini Tiki-Ti is that it's almost as big as the real one.

I'm serious.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 6:46 pm   Permalink

Uncle Trav, I missed this thread before..........WOW........That is really a great hut. Very creative and fun.

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 03:52 am   Permalink

The thatch looks perfect! I love these little creations of yours. Please keep at it.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 06:22 am   Permalink

Those are really turning out nice! I've always been a big fan of miniatures and dioramas. Probably started with my train set and mini village in my basement when I was a kid. Walt Disney was of course a huge fan of miniatures, which led to his backyard train and so many other things. I could just stand for hours looking at the Disney Imagineer architectural models on display at WDW.

Now, for your final exam, can you make THIS famous roof?

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-11 07:25 am   Permalink

Hey trav great job!

Heres a tip for you.
If you seal the cardboard first then shellac
it will go on more even.
Just smear elmers glue all over item with an even
coat of glue.
Let dry then shellac.
You can do this over your artwork even.
BUT if the pens you use are not waterproof then
you need to first seal with spray on clear coat then glue then shellac.
Try a test first on other paper.
But I think Tiki Ti would look great done this way.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 2:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone. Just started as something to pass the time. Skip I'll have to give your suggestion a try. and Rob I'm working on that roof line.....still. I'll let you know what I come up with. Thanks again.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation