FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-09 06:08 am   Permalink

Hang in there Trav! Take a little break then hit it again HARD!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-09 06:10 am   Permalink

Nice work Trav, I didn't know the Mai-Kai went topless, cool beans!

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-23 4:35 pm   Permalink

I found these miniature wood barrel shaped wood pieces at a craft store. I thought with a bit of detailing and staining I may be able to in incorporate them into a new build. A Tiki trading post sounds fun and yes, I still have to finish that dang mini Mai Kai sign one of these days.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-23 10:33 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to "Trader Trav's". How you're gonna weave miniature fishnets?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-24 6:54 pm   Permalink

Trav, Glad to see that you back at work, 'fighting the good fight.'

I'm planning for the "Sea Creatures of the South Pacific" tiki art swap is keeping me busy these days, along with work, my new grandson & life in general. But I love checking in on your artistic adventures in mini land!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-25 09:55 am   Permalink

Great job I love these.
They kinda remind me of these old Christmas decorations.
You need some with snow and santa.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-25 4:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!! I do have an idea for miniature fishing nets but the idea of snow in miniature is going to have to be on hold, we will have a bunch of the real stuff soon enough Here is the first try at a mini rum barrel. Thanks again.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-25 6:44 pm   Permalink

All your miniatures are amazing Uncle Trav and that certainly looks like a miniature barrel now. Nice work.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-25 8:40 pm   Permalink

That's a super cool barrel. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-30 3:05 pm   Permalink

Snow is coming down here at my home port so the basement workshop is up and running. Went back to the craft store and found some very small wood blocks. A bit of detailing and some stain and now I have a crate to add to a future miniature build. I have some ideas in the works for more items as well. Thanks for taking a look.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-30 3:46 pm   Permalink

I bet these take as much labor as a larger size. Small is not easy and you do a terrific job. They are perfect, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-30 4:20 pm   Permalink

Looks great Trav. Eagarly awaiting the next mini masterpiece!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-30 4:21 pm   Permalink

Trav,
I LOVE this thread! Can't wait for your next post!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-01 05:21 am   Permalink

Nice to see you back at it, Trav!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-01 05:55 am   Permalink

Thank you for all the kind words guys! My work situation has improved to the point where the fun things have to wait for some free time now. One of the things I love about doing these miniatures is finding new ways to use common items and tools for a build. My basement workshop is on the other side of the wall from my lounge. A perfect combination for escape and inspiration when cabin fever sets in. Thanks again.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation