FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 12:37 pm   Permalink

Very detailed inspired work Trav...great job. Your eyes must be going batshit crazy. OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-26 09:34 am   Permalink

I love your work! Are you going to hang battery operated dollhouse size Christmas lights on the inside, or do they not put off enough light?

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 4:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. OGR not batty yet but getting there fast. Tikilongbeach, I haven't thought that much about lights lately but it's always an option. I finished the glue up of the roof and I may try this out on a build. It will need a lot more details to start looking like a traders hut. Please excuse my beat up hands but they make my living in the real world.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 4:20 pm   Permalink

Uncle Trav,
REALLY love what you're creating here!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 4:52 pm   Permalink

Nice! Keep the updates coming, my friend!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 6:00 pm   Permalink

way kool

jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-03 08:35 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. Still not sure about the roof design but going ahead with some detail pieces. The glue up is always the longest wait in the building process. The small pieces will be gables. Also putting structural pieces to stiffen the roof up a bit.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 3:34 pm   Permalink

A bit more work on the roof.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-04 5:20 pm   Permalink

Love it Trav! Those gables have a great Polynesian upsweep to them.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 5:34 pm   Permalink

Thank you MDM. My huts are not based on any real native design. I make the design up as I go. Thanks for taking a look.

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 5:24 pm   Permalink

I sure dig all the attention to detail. Nice.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 4:13 pm   Permalink

Wow that glue time must really take some patience! Looking swanky so far!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-09 3:26 pm   Permalink

Thank you for the compliments. I'm doing a bit of pre-shellacking to seal the soft balsa wood. This will get rid of any light colored wood and also give a good surface to apply the thatch to. Another wait time for this stuff to dry.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 06:21 am   Permalink

I am starting to do some of the detail work on the gables on the roof. The inside of the gables will be closed off. I am thinking of painting the flat fronts of the gable with some type of New Guinea inspired design and further detailed in real bamboo. Still a long way to go on this one.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 07:14 am   Permalink

Loving it, Trav! Are you buried in snow, too?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation