FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-05 3:53 pm   Permalink

This is such beautiful work. Amazing.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-05 5:41 pm   Permalink

Breathtaking work...looking forward to see the final outcome. What a tedious project...thanks for the great pictures.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-05 8:07 pm   Permalink

LOVE THESE!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-10 09:24 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone. As I'm home today and waiting for glue to dry I decided to try and make some bamboo. Why make it you may ask? Well, I live in Michigan and I'm waiting for glue to dry. The glue drying thing will drive a person to try new things I guess. Anyway this is a 3/16" basswood dowel after a bit of detailing and staining. Just something to pass the time and may come in handy on future builds. Thanks for looking.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-11 6:47 pm   Permalink

A teaser from the workbench.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-11 8:50 pm   Permalink

Spectacular, Trav!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-11 10:14 pm   Permalink

Just what he said. So true, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-12 6:12 pm   Permalink

Wow
Those look great
Kool touch to da huts

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-12 7:07 pm   Permalink

Looks awesome Trav. About finished?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 5:03 pm   Permalink

That is impressive in miniature. Dig it!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 7:07 pm   Permalink

Nice, those are getting pretty detailed

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 07:17 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind compliments everyone. Really helps me to try some new things in these projects. Nearly done now, just working out the small details. Thanks again.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 06:55 am   Permalink

I hope to post some updates on the hut soon. My creative incentive took a big hit for awhile. Summer chores around the house and work have taken up much of my time. The biggest hit was having to put my dog down a couple of weeks ago. Her name was Irma and she was a constant companion and unwavering friend and true member of the family for seventeen years. That one took me down a few notches but I hope to be back up soon. Thanks.

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 09:08 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear that, Trav. Always hard to lose a friend.

Your work is very unique, and appreciated. When you find the spirit, we'll all be happy to see more creativity here on this thread. Meanwhile, take care, and try not to get too down.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 5:38 pm   Permalink

So sorry for your loss and rest assured that we will be here waiting whenever you are ready to get back to wowing us with your skills.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation