FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-14 6:46 pm   Permalink

My condolences Trav. 17 years is a long time and with great love comes great pain. I think the next project will need a nice dog hut in memory of Irma.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-21 1:33 pm   Permalink

super cool - love it...maybe some straw for thatch? you could make lamps if you used a more fireproof material. or use LED lights...laid off but not laid down. Way to go bro

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-21 2:54 pm   Permalink

My condolences as well, Trav. I know how close our little furry friends can be, and how much we miss them when they are gone.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 1:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I made a couple of good Tiki finds today. Finding the junk helps shrug off the funk. I'll be back to building soon. Thanks again.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-27 5:55 pm   Permalink

Just about ready to jump back in the saddle again and get this build done. Thanks for taking a look.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-27 8:18 pm   Permalink

so great

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-27 8:53 pm   Permalink

Love it

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-30 5:47 pm   Permalink

Beautiful!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 06:26 am   Permalink

Finally finished...I think.

Blown on the southern winds to a sheltered harbor guarded by an ancient reef a small hut awaits your arrival. Provisions for the wandering copra trader or rum for the lost soul his lamp is always lit and his door is always open. Nearly lost from the memory of ordinary men but not forgotten he plies his trade day in and day out. Escaping the iron fist of a ship's captain wielding the power of God or the lure of paradise, no one knows by whence he came. After the storms have battered your ship and your soul, seek out the Trader. All who cross his threshold are welcomed as kindred souls and true friends.

big words for a paper model made in my basement. Here it the Trader's hut. Someday I hope to add the whole diorama treatment to one of these builds including Tikis and foliage. This one was a lot of fun to build. Thanks for taking a look.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2013-11-03 05:24 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-02 09:37 am   Permalink

If I had them I'd do three thumbs up. Creative perfection, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 11:24 am   Permalink

Your Trader's hut looks great!

I especially like your distressing techniquest.

~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 11:43 am   Permalink

Primo!
Great things come in small packages!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 12:06 pm   Permalink

Perfect!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 5:36 pm   Permalink

That is seriously fantastic.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 6:18 pm   Permalink

Excellent work.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation