FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 05:35 am   Permalink

Had some more time off from work so I'm just about finished with the hut. Here is how the thatch roof turned out. Just a dab of glue here and there and that should be it.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2010-05-14 07:53 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-14 05:49 am   Permalink

Wow! That is quite beautiful! Great work!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 06:38 am   Permalink

That is awesome. I work with paper everyday - but not like that! Nice!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 11:05 am   Permalink

It's amazing what can be created with paper in the right hands! Just beautiful!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:02 pm   Permalink

Looks GREAT!!
Now tear it down and build a Walgreens!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:19 pm   Permalink

Tikiskip--LOL

Trav, that is just awesome. Seriously, seriously cool. I'd love to see a diorama village with more of those and a cool painted scenic background. Ok, you have your orders

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:25 pm   Permalink

Sweet! Stick a flicker bulb inside!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 9:47 pm   Permalink

That is darling - nice work. Do you have stock in Band Aids though? At first I thought you had it sitting on an outdoor grill - I see it's a table though - PHEW!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 05:23 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Skip, my wife and I laughed our butts off when I told her about your post. I have thought about a diorama but would have to scale the size down a bit. From the start I also thought about a flicker light inside and it would be easy to do. Might look cool hanging over the bar. Thanks again everyone.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 2:07 pm   Permalink

Started another one. Small scale. Just in the early stages. Maybe the start of a small diorama.

amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 3:06 pm   Permalink

I love it already!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 06:51 am   Permalink

Looking forward to watching your progress. Lovely!

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-09 3:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the encouragement guys. This hut is tiny. The windows are just shy of 1/4 " square. Here is another progress shot.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-28 10:14 am   Permalink

Times are tough so the hut must go Please see my auction here. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=38747&forum=12&0

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-31 10:50 am   Permalink

A progress shot of the mini miniature hut I started to work on again.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation