FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Diorama-o-rama
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Diorama-o-rama
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 04:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-25 16:54, Robb Hamel wrote:
FRIG those would make a great behind-the-window diorama at a Tiki temple!!

Thanks Robb. I have been thinking about a small diorama but haven't got beyond the planning stages yet.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2011-02-26 04:49 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 07:56 am   Permalink

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-27 09:54 am   Permalink

Wow, Trav, your latest work is awesome! I'd love to have this hut at a 1:1 scale.

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-04 08:46 am   Permalink

Come away with me to an island. An island which rises from an azure sea like a faceted emerald haloed by clouds and ringed with a pearl necklace of ancient reefs. A place where time is measured by the rhythmic beat of the waves caressing the sandy shore and the seasons marked by the shifting trade winds. A place nearly lost to the memory of men but for a mention in a musty logbook or notation on a faded nautical chart. Your cares and troubles float away on the warm tropical breeze and your soul is renewed like a new plumeria blooming in the hidden valleys of this paradise. Evening arrives in the company of a gentle equatorial rain. The rain plays a symphony of music on the thatched roof of your new island home accompanied by the deep rumble of thunder in the far off distance and punctuated by the staccato notes of lightening dancing in the sky. You rest contented.
Hut #4 is finally done after many many hours. About 3" wide and 8 1/2" tall and loaded up with lots of hand done detailing. Thanks for taking a look.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-04 10:00 am   Permalink

Very very detailed Trav, love the roof beam and the plank floor.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-04 2:54 pm   Permalink

Trav, another beautiful hut! I've got to get past the planning stage & onto actually building one, you're leaving me in the dust.
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-04 5:47 pm   Permalink

Trav,

Another gem, nice work. Saw this photo online and was reminded of your work.

Seems as though you are not the first to make the miniature tiki hut.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-04 6:40 pm   Permalink

Trav, that is very cool my friend!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-05 2:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the comments guys. DC, that's a great photo and I like the hut in it as well. Being off of work has given me way way to much time and this little hut burned up a bunch of it. I wanted to try out adding some new materials to the build and think it came out good. Thanks again.

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-05 4:17 pm   Permalink

That's amazing. Top notch construction, there. I want one to have and hold.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-05 4:39 pm   Permalink

You've gotta start keeping some of these for yourself, Trav. I really like the diorama idea.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
savage sissy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-07 7:17 pm   Permalink

Awesome as usual, my brother from the same mother, and father for that matter. Not sure why you got the art talent and I got the talent to do everyone elses banking and throw amazing birthday parties, but hey whatever. Since I'm your BIG sister, I'm asking that you build a miniature Mai Kai with lift off lid, detailed interior, lighted sign, working gas torches, rain window, and miniature fire dancers enjoying the efforts of a miniature band, don't forget the sound. Yeah that's the thing about us big sisters, we are demanding. Love all your work as always. Hate to see you having so much time on your hands, but glad to see you enjoying that which you are so good at.

View Profile of savage sissy Send a personal message to savage sissy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-08 06:56 am   Permalink

Thanks again everyone. Sissy, if I could build a miniature like that I would have to find a way to shrink myself down to size and live in it. I have had a request to build one of the famous Tiki temples and I'm trying to use some varying materials in these builds to work my way up to the challenge. I learn a little more with each new miniature.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-08 07:32 am   Permalink

"...I'm asking that you build a miniature Mai Kai with lift off lid, detailed interior, lighted sign, working gas torches, rain window, and miniature fire dancers enjoying the efforts of a miniature band..."

She doesn't ask for much!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-09 9:09 pm   Permalink

Trav love this latest one the best. Great work as always!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation