FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Uncle Trav's miniature tiki huts....Small Paradise. Trader's hut is finished !!
Kabuddhabuddha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-10 2:02 pm   Permalink

Awesome, I'll give ya $ 5.00 for it?

View Profile of Kabuddhabuddha Send a personal message to Kabuddhabuddha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 2:28 pm   Permalink

Bood, you sure know how to tempt a guy

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 3:04 pm   Permalink

Hut number four is up for grabs here. Not an ebay auction. Please see the link for more info. Thanks.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39449&forum=12&0

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 9:12 pm   Permalink

Insanely cool. I want to live in it!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 05:53 am   Permalink

Well folks it's that time of year when work takes a nosedive for me. Been that way for a couple of years now so a new build is underway. This is just the beginning mock up. Using some new materials this time so as always it is a learn as I go process. Thanks for taking a look.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 07:31 am   Permalink

So very cool. Your detail and precision is wonderful. You have found your niche! Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 07:50 am   Permalink

Trav, that looks like the beginning of a Mai-Kai A-frame, an exceptional challenge!

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-07 09:59 am   Permalink

Trav, as attractive as "work slowdown" sounds I bet it's not all it's cracked up to be. Glad you're doing a new project, they always turn out so cool.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 10:11 am   Permalink

Just strolled through your thread. What a talent for making magical miniatures! I will look forwards to seeing more of your work...it's like little menehunes got together to start on a village.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-07 1:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Here is a pic of half of the ridge beam being glued up. It is being held down by a 12" framing square until it dries and then the same thing for the other side of the beam.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-08 07:52 am   Permalink

Here is my attempt at the bare bones structure of the A-frame. The A-frame is ten inches from end to end. Again this thing is small. The two pieces of wood I used for the ridge beam are only 1/16" thick and very fragile. Seems to be working out so far. Now I just have to decide what era to build the model as. As usual these are not meant to be exact detailed copies of original buildings just a fun project.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-10 05:19 am   Permalink

Have done a little more work on the back end of the A-frame for my attempt at a Mai Kai miniature. This is a shot of what will be the back of the building. I decided to go with a bit of a mix of the building's style over the years but I think it may turn out ok. The bare wood panels with be covered with the same type of thatch that I make for my huts.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-10 05:48 am   Permalink

Looks like it's working out Trav, gonna be awesome!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 05:38 am   Permalink

Thanks Mike. Construction is ongoing and like so many other projects here in Michigan we have ample time and a zero budget. The hardest part is waiting for the glue to dry. Next up is the skylights. I have ran through a couple of ways to do this and have settled on the one I think will work. Here is a progress shot. Now I have to figure out how to build out the wings on the sides. Thanks for taking a look.

_________"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2011-11-13 06:25 ]

umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-13 06:08 am   Permalink

Aloha uncle trav,
I'm so glad I found your thread again, I just love what you've done with the place!

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation