FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 01:31 am   Permalink

New Thread name better Parties!
Friday, Saturday and Sunday's, "Hiphipahula" Kelly's Exotic Cocktails as well as Vintage Cocktails from around the Tiki globe will be served starting at only $5 4:00-8:00PM

HipHiPaHulA!

Join me for "Exotica Sunday's" Parties all weekend! Sunday is TC-Tonga Hut "Exotica Sunday" with DJ Marty Lush spinnin' the best of Exotica, Hawaiian, Surf and Lounge music! Snacks, and I'll have a brand NEW Original HipHiPaHulA Cocktail for you to try every week PLUS we are "Grog Loggin' all Friday, Saturday and Sunday's try all 78 cocktails of Beachbum Jeff Berry's Book the Grog Log and become a VIP member of the Tonga Hut's "Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard"

I will be jigger pouring Friday's now in addition to Tiki Party Saturday and Exotica Sunday. Join me Friday's & Saturday's for something NEW but old called " Tonga Time", Happy hour, "Tonga Time" will be from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm Friday and Saturday and offer $5 Exotic Cocktails PLUS Original HipHiPaHulA Handcrafted Tiki Cocktails starting at only $5.00. Don't forget Happy Hour, "Tonga Time" is 4-8pm everyday! $2 16oz. Miller and PBR Beer, $3.00 Well Cocktails & more! See you later today!

Tonga Hut Makes every Tiki Cocktail Rum Proper and we hand squeeze all our citrus fruits daily right here at the T.H.!

The Tonga Hut Features,

Mount Gay
Rhum Barbancourt
Pusser's
Appleton
Coruba
Woods
Lemon Hart
Myers
Zacapa
Zaya
Centenario
Cruzan Rums and many others!

Don't forget to sign up to be immortalized at the Tonga Hut! Sign up today & complete the "Grog Log"
Remember, I am Mixing Friday- Sunday 4:00-8:00 pm

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4848&forum=2&vpost=486553&hilite=grog

The Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 769-0708
21 and over only

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-01-20 03:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-01-20 13:30 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 3:05 pm   Permalink

Yay Kelly!

We're heading down to Sand Diego again this weekend, but we may be back in town to catch the end of your Sunday shift!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 5:21 pm   Permalink

Keep the summer going Kelly!
We are in the middle of production deadlines,
but will stop by tomorrow for a drink or two.
Need a break and a vacation!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-20 11:34 am   Permalink

Went down last night for some Scorpion, Tonga Lei (which was all fresh YUM!), and that shrimp shot?

Kelly what was the name of that shot with the shrimp? it was so good, but I couldn't remember the name!

Anywho, you TC fools best get down to the Tonga Hut and support!!!!

<3

~Ravz

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-20 1:17 pm   Permalink

Hiphipahula has her game on!!
I was at Tonga Hut last night for Hiphip's shift and I have to tell you, I had cocktails that will rival ANY other tiki place in LA. Now I know what some of you nay-sayer's are thinking: "Tonga Hut? No Way." Well....WAY. HipHip has it down. I had 3 of her signature cocktails and they were each made by hand, with fresh squeezed juices and custom made exotic syrups like ancho chili and hibiscus syrup....find that at Don's or the Ti... I dare ya. You want amazing cocktails? You gotta go to Tonga Hut folks while HipHipaHula is on duty....Sat. & Sun from 4 to 8pm!!

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 02:53 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the Kudos Kids! Please join me soon at the Tonga Hut Thurs, Sat & Sun 4-8 and I will keep you posted on my other shifts.

Rav that shooter is the "Shrimp shack shooter" with a real tasty prawn on the side. COME to the Tonga Hut & try one!
Thanks again all for coming out this weekend!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 1:18 pm   Permalink

Is Captain Geech there, to over see the shrimp shack shooters?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 4:22 pm   Permalink

I was sorry to have missed this; then excited to see that there are on-going shifts you'll be tending at the Tonga Hut!
It's great to know of bartenders that are interested in mixology (creating your own HipHiPaHulA original cocktails!), let alone bartenders creating TIKI drinks.
Can't wait to try one (or seven).

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 02:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-21 13:18, bigtikidude wrote:
Is Captain Geech there, to over see the shrimp shack shooters?

Jeff(btd)

Yes! Capt. Geech is my hero!!! it's a thing I do... very inspired....

Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 02:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-22 16:22, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
I was sorry to have missed this; then excited to see that there are on-going shifts you'll be tending at the Tonga Hut!
It's great to know of bartenders that are interested in mixology (creating your own HipHiPaHulA original cocktails!), let alone bartenders creating TIKI drinks.
Can't wait to try one (or seven).

Thank You! Come on down, we just keep getting better! I am there Thurs, Sat & Sundays for now. I will keep you posted.

Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 01:29 am   Permalink

I will be bartending This Saturday & Sunday at the Tonga Hut 4-8pm "Endless Summer" New Tiki Cocktails too! Bring your Tiki Mug for the NEW mug cabinet so your mug will be here at the T.H. when you are! Please join us. Don't forget we are running the Grog Log recipes. Finish the book when you finish the book you will forever have your name engraved onto the Tiki placard at the Tonga Hut. See this quoted post below:
[quote]
" tonga hut

Hey thanks to everyone on Tiki Central who came to support Hiphipahula on her first day at the Tonga Hut! We had a great time and it was a hit! She'll be back to start our contest to see who can get their name on a permanent plaque at the legendary Tonga Hut. The rules are simple: come hang out with Hiphipahula and try a featured drink from the Grog Log. If you make it through the whole thing you're in! Starting Saturday Sep 19th with the Ancient Mariner. Thank you & good luck! "

SO!! We will start Saturday Be There! I will be!! Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-28 21:24 ]

Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-26 9:47 pm   Permalink

I had my first one tonight! Get on it people. Don't fall behind, although it will be fun catching up!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 10:07 pm   Permalink

More on the Grog log "Tonga Hut Elite"

We are ready to go at the Tonga Hut here is what you need to do to get started.

I will be featuring a Cocktail every Saturday & Sunday(unless noted) from 4-8pm at the Tonga Hut. Come in and fill out your "Tonga Hut Elite" Grog Log entry form. We will keep it at the Tonga Hut behind the bar in a note book and will be keeping count. You may try the "featured" drink that week of course BUT, you may come into the Tonga Hut anytime Sunday-Thursday 4pm-last call and Friday & Saturday 4pm-8pm and try any drink in the Grog Log have it credited to your "Elite" list (some exceptions see entry form for details). There are almost 90 drinks so let's see who gets done first.

We started last Sat. 9/26/09 In the lead is Iokona Ki'i (Jason) with 4 cocktails down 80 something to go! Tonga Tom right behind!

Good Luck everyone!!

Some exceptions apply. Drink completion and credit must be applied at the Tonga Hut at the time the drink was consumed by the member whom ordered the drink. See entry form for details.

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-28 22:19 ]

atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 10:14 pm   Permalink

Oh, this is a dangerous game! . . . Can't wait to play!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 10:38 am   Permalink

Woohoo! I'm in the lead!
Eat my dust everyone!

Great Navy Grog Kelly!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation