FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-01-09 8:13 pm   Permalink

Last night we had some outta town TC ohana who also made it to Murph's the night before.
Tikitastic, Rum Runner and Boom Boom Room.

Here's the early shot...

And the late shot containing 10 bastards...

You can check out the larger versions of these photos here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/01/tonga-hut-172012.html

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-01-13 10:06 pm   Permalink

Last minute update for this Sunday...
Rory "Wildsville man" from Caliente will be guest bartending Sunday 4-8pm.
Marty Lush will be spinning the tunes as well!
Please join us for cocktails on Sunday starting at noon!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-14 07:54 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-14 08:34 am   Permalink

Do you have self Respect? Self Pride? Do you feel good about Life?

Well,Please put those to the side and visit me at the Historic Tonga Hug From 4-8p.m.

If you have not been to Tiki Caliente before,stop on by and ask me any questions you may have and maybe convince me to get you in before we go public Jan 21st at 10a.m.

Rap your Lip's around my Palm SPrings Punch,Dig?.................Taste

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-20 03:33 am   Permalink

Aloha Good friends and fellow “Bastards”

I have put off writing this note to you because it’s just not easy. As some of you might already know, as of January 11, 2012 I did resign as a bartender/mixologist from the Tonga Hut. This was not an easy decision, the Tonga Hut truly brought joy to my life. I came to the Tonga Hut via Kirby & Polly’s Rumpus Room in 2009. I was working at a Rockabilly, Heehaw bar out in the desert called “Lucky’s” it’s easy to assume they had no fixings for Exotic cocktails. Jeremy Fleener was a regular at the Rumpus Room and I literally bugged Jeremy for a shift at the “TH” every week for a couple months, finally Jeremy and then partner Ana made the decision to put me to work. I was to have one or two shifts per week but from week one we were short handed and one or two shifts turned into three to five days a week. Tiki Ohana, Rumpus Roomer’s became regulars immediately. Sunday quickly became the way to finish off the weekend. Tonga Tom and Sherri Yaki wondered through the doors on my shift and became the first two members of the “Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard” Jeremy sang “Big Brown Nut” and was quite the host and Marty Lush from the Tikiyaki Orchestra came on board to DJ and coined Sunday, “Exotica Sunday”.

It was a pleasure to serve you all and to celebrate our common love of poly pop culture at the “Hut”. I’m very proud to have been a part of Tonga Hut’s rich history and I am very proud of my accomplishments at the Tonga Hut as well. My time served at the Tonga Hut will remain fondly as some of the best times of my living. All things are due to change in time and that time is now. There are well light roads in front of me and journeys and adventures yet to explore and wherever that goes, I’m going and I somehow know you will be there too.

My thanks To Jeremy and all the staff and management of the Tonga Hut I’m most grateful for the opportunity to serve. My thanks also to Tom and Sherri to Marty, Kirby & Polly, Jim, Eric & Manuel, John-O, Jake, Ernie, Tom, Murph, Sven and Mike for all their support and help. Thank you all for coming out to the Tonga Hut and my shifts to celebrate and support, that was fun! I wish the Tonga Hut much continued success and another 53 years.

I’ll be seeing you, Kelly Hiphipahula Reilly

Photo by Tom D. Kline

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-20 05:47 am   Permalink

Kelly, best wishes in your future endeavors.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 06:51 am   Permalink

My taste bud's are crying,but I know we will meet again.........someday..............Maybe May

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 06:58 am   Permalink

Is the world ending and I wasn't informed?? First my beloved Suzanne resigns from Forbidden Island and just when plans were in the works for a relocation to SoCal to make the Hut my home bar I read this craziness! Unless you ladies are joining forces to make the ultimate tiki bar I am not a happy camper! Happy for you of course but you will be missed!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-20 08:05 am   Permalink

WooHoo & Good Luck in Your Future Adventures Kelly!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 08:18 am   Permalink

Hugs and Kisses, Kelly. See you at the Travelin' Rumpus Room.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 09:30 am   Permalink

What? That's crazy talk, Kelly you will be missed & best of luck to you on
your new direction, Just what is this new direction you are taking, by the way?

Hope to see you at all the shindigs and maybe more often in our neck of the woods.

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2012-01-20 09:48 am   Permalink

Kelly...You and your fabulous exotic cocktails will be greatly missed at TH.

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 10:25 am   Permalink

NOOOOOOOooooOOOoOOOOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOO!!!
HUGE BUMMMer!!!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 10:53 am   Permalink

Because it's Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, K-e-l-l-y. Why? Because you'll be missed at the TH!

Sorry for the Cheers reference, but it was a bar with regulars too...My best always for the future and I know I'll be running into you sometime soon!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-20 12:40 pm   Permalink

Oh no - Kelly it won't be the same without you!
Teresa & Tim

View Profile of TNT Send a personal message to TNT  Email TNT Goto the website of TNT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation