FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA 09 pic post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
OHANA 09 pic post here
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-22 8:26 pm   Permalink

Wow! Was that a Tubax in one of the band pics? Not something I would expect to see at a tiki event. Or much anywhere else, for that matter.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 10:36 pm   Permalink

Ha ha! Great eye! It is indeed a Tubax! In "Bamboo Saxotica" we pride ourselves on having unusual (exotic) instruments. That's one of my guys Tom, he also has a soprillo sax. (he owns two Grafton Plastic Altos too just waiting to be overhauled and I'm praying he lets me play one) As for exotic instruments, you should have seen Tim Mayer's Hulusi!!!!

As for that incredible weekend, I GOT TO MEET THAT PABLUS GUY!!!! (how's that for gushing)

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2009-09-22 22:45 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki

Posted: 2009-09-22 11:19 pm   Permalink

Ohana was my first tiki event, and I had a blast. My pix are posted here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42819713@N07/sets/72157622437265168

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2009-09-23 12:58 am   Permalink

I played a Tubax last year at a saxophone, well, thing... convention is probably not the right word. Also an Eppelsheim sub contrabass and some of the J'Elle Stainer Extreme saxes. I could feel those low vibrations all through my body. So I was pretty sure that I recognized it the Tubax. Wish I could have heard you guys. Love those BIG saxes!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-23 07:02 am   Permalink

Thanks for the photos, eab! I'm so glad you got one of that Surfside hotel sign.

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 09:19 am   Permalink

More pics of the place! I wanna see the place. Or just wait until next year and go myself.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 10:23 am   Permalink

I love that sign :

I love that girl :

I love that tiki :

I love that game :

I love that motel :

That bar too :

And the dinner (well, except maybe the food...) :

Man I loved that event, the room crawl and having to talk to plenty of friends, hearing great music, drinking amazing drinks, on a beautiful site.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-23 10:23, virani wrote:

And the dinner (well, except maybe the food...) :

Dinner was Fun! Spam AND Pork! It may not be winning any awards in the culinary world, but it was a lot of fun! And the company made it more so. And the entertainers made it even more fun!

Besides.... Mikey said next year he plans on digging an imu and doing a couple of pigs!

And the weird banana-cream-coconut-pineapple dessert thing was yummy too!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 10:39 am   Permalink

A Frenchman MUST critique the food!

Thanks for sitting in with "Bamboo Saxotica" virani, it truly was a special moment for everyone!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-23 10:32, Chip and Andy wrote:
And the weird banana-cream-coconut-pineapple dessert thing was yummy too!

& it *even* GLOWED under the black light....!

(yes....you can only imagine all the pictures I have from the weekend, when I'm even taking pictures of my glowing pudding!!!)

Really, folks, it tasted better than it looks in my somewhat blurry picture - but just watch it GLOW

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 6:23 pm   Permalink

Paradise in Lake George... can't wait to go back!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John in Montreal
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 07:20 am   Permalink

Epic 17-minute Ohana video up now at www.maitaionline.com

(Click on "Watch" in the menu at the top of the page)

View Profile of John in Montreal Send a personal message to John in Montreal  Email John in Montreal Goto the website of John in Montreal     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 12:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks John. Glad to see the tribute to Hurricane Hattie. Hope to one day be able to listen to that infamous album.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 5:34 pm   Permalink

Great vid John!! Thanks so much for going through the work of putting that together, and thanks for joining us at Ohana!

Hope to see ya next year too!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-24 6:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the video, John! That's the only footage I've seen of my dance - and you even captured my tipping the Twins of Pleasure! Yay!

Hope to see you at another event - soon!
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation