[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events OHANA 09 pic post here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
OHANA 09 pic post here
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-25 04:49 am   Permalink

Great video John, with some really nice editing. You really captured many of the elements of OHANA that made it so special. I came home wishing that the weekend was longer, that I could still be among friends in that special place that is the Tiki Motor Resort in Lake George - with this video we can!
Now don't give up on the unused footage! Looking forward to see the extended version???

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-25 06:17 am   Permalink

Some really great photos- we had some pretty talented photographers at Ohana! Thanks all for sharing. Also, great video John.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-25 06:50 am   Permalink

A few more
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42903165@N06/sets/72157622323192129/

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 10:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-22 20:10, pablus wrote:

It was an amazing time.
I met Rain and got to talk to him. I think I was blathering like a fanboy, but I am one... so...

Same with Waitiki. I'm pretty sure I scared them away with my gushing gibberish. Randy had no time for 4AM breakfast so I was discarded like yesterday's lime juice. Nah, I know they were whipped and on a schedule but they sure sounded awesome. The Mayor just plain fled.

Ahu's drinks were some of the tastiest and most unique I've ever had. As a temperate man, I was forced to taste only. But what tastes they were.

Lots of time with the Pugs. Lots of time with TNTiki and bride. Just a nice pace for the weekend, actually. Mornings were easy and forgiving. And it just ramped up as the night went on.

JPMArtdog has completely lost his mind. Those black and white burlesque films while Waitiki was playing were so right on, the hips were swaying in time with the music. Only a few of us were enraptured by that but it was something worth watching. If ikitnrev had been there, there would have been a better tome about the synchronicity but it was awesome.

The organizers deserve praise but Granite Tiki deserves roadies.
Dude was all over the place, all the time, and I got to watch the complete release of a musician no longer on the job. He sang "A Whole New World" just... like... the... movie. That's how far it went.

I really enjoyed watching my lovely and voluptuous wahine mingle and have fun and I enjoyed playing for those who listened. Sorry I had to do a few of the tunes twice, but 2 plus hours is about the limit of my Tiki Music catalog. I can't believe I didn't play the Don Ho set. I completely spaced and forgot I knew the stuff. A few others as well. Oh well, the show must go on.

I miss you all already. Hope to see some of you on the road this year and at events should I be blessed enough to attend them. Mahalo to the FOM and to Bargoyle and Pupule.

Pablus, it was epic to see you up in this neck of the woods. I really wish we had more hang time, and next time, I assure you I will stamp my feet and scream until we get things booked so that this comes at the END of the tour, not the beginning. That way, we actually will get to relax and enjoy all the ohana, thus putting the ohana back in Ohana. And I'll even be able to catch YOUR set!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bob Ho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-08 07:17 am   Permalink

Ohana was definitely a total Blast!!! Big congrats to Sully and FOM for another Great event. Hats off also to Caroline, Jpmartdog, and Pappy for their work and contribution.
From the Hotel to the bands, room parties, vendors, other entertainment, etc. etc. The entire event was a lot of Fun! Good to see so many friends and great to meet new ones.
Big Mahalo to everyone who picked up a carving, your support makes it possible.
til next time,
Bob

View Profile of Bob Ho Send a personal message to Bob Ho  Email Bob Ho Goto the website of Bob Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation