Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Halloween
Tiki Halloween
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-09-19 4:19 pm   Permalink

I found this blog put up by some people that do a tiki themed Halloween attraction in Simi Valley. There is lots of other tiki imagery there, too, including photos from a recent visit to the Tonga Room in San Francisco. I am thinking about a tiki halloween road trip to Simi Valley this year.

http://hauntedtikiisland.blogspot.com/

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2009-09-19 4:47 pm   Permalink

very cool!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-19 8:06 pm   Permalink

I love it when people do stuff like this. I can totally see myself doing some elaborate Halloween display once my boys are older and I'm finally finished the basement bar.

Thanks for the link PiPhiRho!

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2009-09-19 20:07 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Agent 86
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-19 10:12 pm   Permalink

My office is in Simi Valley. I definitely want to check this place out!

View Profile of Agent 86 Send a personal message to Agent 86      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 2:18 pm   Permalink

I heard the Dynotones (HotRod-Surf band) are playing at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca. are playing on Halloween, and might be doing a mug release party also for their mug by tiki farm.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-02 05:12 am   Permalink

We always do a tiki pumpkin......

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-02 06:10 am   Permalink

Well... Paul Bearer stopped by for a drink and thought the "Two to a customer" warning about the Zombie cocktail was BS! Looks like I've got another skeleton to put in my closet. Ti's the season indeed.

He tried to sober up with a coffee grog...........deadbeat.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 6:23 pm   Permalink

Finally kicked Paul out of the bar and now he is happily hanging out in front of the house... literally.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MobileTikiBar

Posted: 2009-10-22 7:43 pm   Permalink

Is this wrong? From Halloween last year, instead of answering the door, we pulled a bar into the driveway, decorated it, and listened to old tunes while handing out candy to the children and beverages to the adults.

View Profile of MobileTikiBar Send a personal message to MobileTikiBar  Goto the website of MobileTikiBar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
savage sissy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-22 9:07 pm   Permalink

WRONG?

Shorts: Check
Glo Sticks: Check
Scary Yet Oh So Cute Monsters: Check
Spider Webs: Check
Pumpkin Candle Lights: Check
Possible Tervis Tumbler w/ Handle: Possible Check
Hibiscus Plants: Check
Thatched Roof: Check
Candy: Check
Adult Beverages: Check

Hmmm, seems you got it all covered. Typical Florida Halloween!

On a side note when we moved here 30 years ago, we carved pumpkins like we did in Michigan, five days BEFORE Halloween, needless to say, the shovel was an important piece of equipment, THREE days BEFORE Halloween!

Love it, hope this Halloween you celebrate the same way!

View Profile of savage sissy Send a personal message to savage sissy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MondoMcGonzo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-23 08:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-22 19:43, MobileTikiBar wrote:
Is this wrong? From Halloween last year, instead of answering the door, we pulled a bar into the driveway, decorated it, and listened to old tunes while handing out candy to the children and beverages to the adults.

If that's wrong then I don't ever want to be right!

View Profile of MondoMcGonzo Send a personal message to MondoMcGonzo  Goto the website of MondoMcGonzo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Zarkov
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 08:46 am   Permalink

I love it! The pictures on the blog look like they are building something that reminds me of a Theme Camp at Burning Man. I can't wait to see the finished production.

BTW, I put up the playlist for my Halloween radio show over on the Music board, and I'm going to follow up with Part 2 next Wednesday:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=34299&forum=11&0

View Profile of Dr. Zarkov Send a personal message to Dr. Zarkov      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nature boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-23 10:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-22 19:43, MobileTikiBar wrote:

Tikis = check. Although they are kind of hidden. Maybe add some more tiki next time?

[ This Message was edited by: nature boy 2009-10-23 10:17 ]

View Profile of nature boy Send a personal message to nature boy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation