FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKOT! - Visions from the Tiki Tarot @ FBG thru November
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TIKOT! - Visions from the Tiki Tarot @ FBG thru November
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 1:13 pm   Permalink

FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY will play host a most unusual show this autumn.

THE HEAD SCRATCHER:
Now, I'd scheduled a wierd group show for Christmas but the spirit of autumn was undeniable... what could I do? Monsters and zombies? Nahhhhh... like Robert Stack once said in Airplane when asked to turn on the runway lights, "That's just what they'll be expecting us to do."

INSPIRATION FROM BEYOND:
The answer came late one night when the Ghost of Alistair Crowley who lives under my bed told me I would be contacted shortly by an angel who looks like the Snow Meiser and a demon who looks like the Frito Bandito about an idea for an ass kicking Halloween show. I was assured by Crowley's ghost that while there have been many tarot shows presented by galleries around the wide wide world, ours would be the first to pair the undeniable forces of Tiki & Tarot.

Thus Freaky Boutiki Galleries second show...

Tikot! - Visions from the Tiki Tarot

THE MASTER PLAN:
This exhibition will focus on the Tarot's twenty two Major arcana portrayed in distinctive Tiki & Oceanic styles by twenty two of your favorite artists. Works will be executed using their favorite mediums both two dimentional and sculptural including mugs.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of TIKOT!
Cards should "Turn Up"(get it?) throughout October cuminating in a costumed celebration on All Hallows Eve featuring the entire major arcana!

THE COSMOS APPROVES:
In true Tarot fashion all artists have so far told me that the cards randomly drawn for them were those they would have chosen for themselves!

The Fool - Big Toe

The Magician - Brad Parker

The High Priestess - UlaFish

The Emperess - Eric October

The Emperor - Crazy Al Evans

The Hierophant - Erin Joy

The Lovers - Bowana David Lea

The Chariot - Tiki Racer

Justice - B. E. Boling

The Hermit - HodadHank

The Wheel - S. L. Grice

Strength - 4WD Bill Collins

The Hanged Man - Atomic Tony Tiki

Death - Clysdalle

Temperance - Heather Watts

The Devil - McEvoy & Rodriguez

The Tower - Babalu

The Star - Atomikitty

The Moon - Doug Horne

The Sun - Tiki Omar

Judgment - Kinny Ruzic

The World - Eric The Red

Note: The Show Poster was done by Kinny Ruzic who's great patiece w/ endless revisions was very much appreciated. Ain't it bitchin?

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-10-17 12:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-11-18 13:10 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 1:26 pm   Permalink

WOW! What a line up!

And WOW, what a great idea, Hank! Got my image all drawn out already, just need to transfer it to canvas and let the paint start flying!

Can't wait to see what all these stellar artists will create for this unique show!

Mahalo Hodaddy for such a brilliant concept!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 10:28 am   Permalink

JUDGEMENT CARD.....
done and ready to frame!

whassup Slow-pokes?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 12:35 pm   Permalink

- oh yeah...now make that out of clay!

Very nice Master K You "RULE" tiki boss!!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 1:04 pm   Permalink

Kenny, he never said if you use the Queens Scale colors or what. You may have to re-paint!

Who designs the back?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 1:55 pm   Permalink

Tweet your heart out!
http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-08-28/things-to-do/freaky-boutiki-celebrates-tiki-culture

Don't forget theres still a minor arcana to work before we need to decide on the back! Maybe next year.

Quote:

On 2009-09-28 10:28, little lost tiki wrote:
JUDGEMENT CARD.....
done and ready to frame...whassup Slow-pokes?

Challange!!!!!!!!

Hey youZE arteeeests! Post your progress shots! A lingering commission done I am now busting ass on THE HERMIT!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-09-28 14:13 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 2:25 pm   Permalink

Here's a quick 'work in progress' for my card - the chariot

More detail and colour to add. The darker turtle will become black. Plus stars and moon to come.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 7:18 pm   Permalink

AAAAARRRGGGhhhhhghghhghghrhrhrhrhrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that is how it is spelled. AAAAARRRGGGhhhhhghghhghghrhrhrhrhrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-28 10:49 pm   Permalink

Sigh...i loath Kinny. he makes me have to be productive.

so here's where i am on my card, "The Fool":

1. translate da sketch to panel.

2. Cut Da Board.

3. Underpaint Da panel. the orange/ sepia under-paint is something new i am trying.

more soon.

[ This Message was edited by: BigToe 2009-09-28 22:51 ]

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 2:52 pm   Permalink

Tom...
this is a TAROT card show
not a Self-portrait exhibition!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 11:55 am   Permalink

Toe That fool is great! I love the dog biting his ass and how he's walking off a cliff!

Anyhoo heres my Hermit in progress, I must say anyone who knows me beyond a handshake will recognise this card as perfect for my current life situation. The universe working in mysterious ways perhaps.

Who knew a MUNKTIKI COCONUT BOWL could be a dispenser of such cosmic accuracy...

Vintage Imperial Beach tongue & groove panelling w/ freehand acrylic.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-09-30 19:00 ]

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 12:39 pm   Permalink

I think the Tarot Card idea is freakin awesome!!! I wuz wondering if you are going to make a special Deck of cards of all the artists work. I would love to have a deck of "Tiki Tarot Cards".

Rock On Hank and all artist's who are involved!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 12:47 pm   Permalink

friggin Awesome,Hank!

you are THE Hermit Deluxe!

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-30 12:39, The Sperm Whale wrote:
...I wuz wondering if you are going to make a special Deck of cards of all the artists work. I would love to have a deck of "Tiki Tarot Cards".

Thanks Spermy. This question has been raised a number of times and I shall consider it. It would be a great way to involve other artists who weren't included for one reason or another this time around. The short notice of the show for example excluded many who would have liked to participate. Thanks for the encouragement. FBG is a living breathing thing and I can see it evoling into gathering point for an international visual arts movement of like minded individuals not dissimilar to The Bauhaus.

Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 8:46 pm   Permalink

Printing tarot cards? Sounds like a job for a print production manager. Gee, I wonder where we can find one? Hank, sending you a PM regarding this. Let's chat!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation