FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving carving virgin turning into tiki tramp(here are some of my first carvings)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
carving virgin turning into tiki tramp(here are some of my first carvings)
lazylog

Posted: 2009-09-21 3:52 pm   Permalink

hello all i'm new around here so i thought i would post some of my carvings.

img]

View Profile of lazylog Send a personal message to lazylog  Email lazylog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 4:04 pm   Permalink

er, this is a bit awkward - Are you sure youre a virgin? Looks like youve done more than a little fooling around..

Nice clean carves! Welcome to TC!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 5:16 pm   Permalink

I am with Tamapoutini you have some serious tallent for a newbie. Lookin good! Nice burn and very clean lines. Are you going to seal or stain? Looking forward to seeing some more.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lazylog

Posted: 2009-09-21 8:22 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, thanks for the nice comments. As far as staining goes, I have to do some test pieces because I don't really know how to do it. Also, I am going to College for Furniture Builders ticket, and a carving class to carve claw feet for furniture - I'm sure I will learn something about staining and finishing there. If you have any advice from the seasoned professionals - like what color of stain looks good on light wood, or any application techniques, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

View Profile of lazylog Send a personal message to lazylog  Email lazylog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 8:28 pm   Permalink

OOh I have visions of a couch with carved tiki feet....make it happen!

Great work ...please keep posting more (esp if you can make the tiki feet idea come to life!)

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 8:52 pm   Permalink

interesting style! What's the wood? And what kind of tool use you?

Keep posting!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 9:29 pm   Permalink

Yes! very nice clean looking carves. Welcome

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lazylog

Posted: 2009-09-26 11:26 am   Permalink

hello again!laojia the wood is pine,willow,cedar.

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 11:55 am   Permalink

Very cool!

Diggin that last one. Good stuff.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 11:52 am   Permalink

Cool carvings, super neat for first ones!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 11:59 am   Permalink

Nice. I think I see a tiki with claw feet in your future. Like the couch with tiki feet idea too. The new tiki is lookin' very clean and really nice. Please post again when stained. You should get some good info from the instructer on wood staining.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lazylog

Posted: 2009-10-04 4:57 pm   Permalink

hello all! here is another carving i'm working on. hope you all like it!by the way this forum is great so much talent i can spend hours checking out all the great work.

TikiGabe661
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-05 09:00 am   Permalink

Good job bra! Are you using a sharpie to darken the lines? lol

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGabe661 2009-10-05 09:02 ]

View Profile of TikiGabe661 Send a personal message to TikiGabe661      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-05 12:03 pm   Permalink

Nice. Very clean work. So have you finished (stained) the previous one yet?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lazylog

Posted: 2009-11-25 7:45 pm   Permalink

hi all!!i'm back!!!here is somemore stuff i'm working on,i have alot more but the are still in the press at school.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation