FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Well, I finally did it....my 1st one
Well, I finally did it....my 1st one
chkcampbekk

Posted: 2009-09-22 3:46 pm   Permalink

LOL......I've always wanted a tiki for my back yard, but they were always too expensive, so I thought I would figure out how to make one....This one definitly is not as big as I want, but its a start. I used a piece of OAK out of the fireplace that has been sitting there looking pretty since last winter and went to town on it with my dremel as I dont have any chisels yet. I burned it and then sanded down and stained with a an old can of provincial i had sittin arouns. I know its not as pretty as some on here, but it cost me $0.00 and about an hour.....

Im Hooked now, thanks alot!........lol

View Profile of chkcampbekk Send a personal message to chkcampbekk  Email chkcampbekk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 3:51 pm   Permalink

We make due with what we have, especially when a tiki is knocking on our brain to get out! Thanks for posting, it can be a big step to share your work with everyone. A simple straight chisel can work wonders before you get the confidence to spend more money on tools. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 4:26 pm   Permalink

Yes, Nice tiki for #1, Save it and don't let anyone have it! Cherish it.
Welcome to Tiki Central, Happy to have you here!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation