FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Cheapest/Easiest Tiki Drink for a Large Party
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Cheapest/Easiest Tiki Drink for a Large Party
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 6:28 pm   Permalink

Well I decided to make ATP's Kraken Killer because it was fairly easy to make. I called it Atomic Tiki Punch because I didn't use Kraken rum. It was a great success everyone loved it. Thank you ATP for a tasty drink recipe. I made a batch for about 20 or so people, but we had to make more, they just couldn't get enough.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2013-11-02 19:02 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 8:09 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear you like it! hope the party was a blow out.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-01 3:19 pm   Permalink

Having some people over tonight. I found this recipe somewhere on the net long time ago. It is budget oriented since I will be using Kraken rum.

Dirtnapple

1/2 oz lime juice
1/2 oz passion fruit syrup, (I'm using Monin, I'm too lazy to make my own or to make
half frozen Goya concentrate and half sugar syrup)
2 oz pineapple juice
1 oz coconut rum (Cruzan)
1 oz Amber rum (Kraken)
(I added 1/2 oz of coconut milk only because I like the color and the taste of it)

Very refreshing and tasty. I know my guests will love this one.
I am serving them in my vintage TV coconut mugs. I have collected so many in the last 10 years I have enough for everyone.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-02 07:46 am   Permalink

I made the below twice over the Turkey day weekend to a great reception...couldn't be any easier, but still tastes pretty sophisticated. Fine to get 7-10 folks buzzed, simple to bump up.

[From David Wondrich]"pirate-style rum punch." All you need to do: stir 3/4 cup of demerara or turbinado sugar ("Sugar in the Raw") and 1 cup of water over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool for 15 minutes. Put the syrup in a 3-quart bowl or pitcher and stir in 3/4 cup of fresh-squeezed lime juice. Add 1 750-ml bottle of the funkiest rum you can get (some examples: Smith & Cross; Myers's; a 50-50 blend of Lemon Hart 151 or Wray & Nephew White Overproof and Gosling's Black Seal). Stir. Add 3 cups cold water and a whole lot of ice. Stir again, grate fresh nutmeg over the top, and then, Wondrich says, you're ready to "set sail for the Spanish Main."

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sosylvie

Posted: 2013-12-12 2:36 pm   Permalink

You can drink arkay rum it s an alcohol free liquors rum , vodka and more
Sheers....

View Profile of sosylvie Send a personal message to sosylvie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-12 2:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-12 14:36, sosylvie wrote:
You can drink arkay rum it s an alcohol free liquors rum , vodka and more
Sheers....

Hey sosylvie,

How'd you like a nice Hawaiian Punch?

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-12 3:07 pm   Permalink

No booze in the booze, means it ain't booze!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-12 3:23 pm   Permalink

Booze is the only answer!

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-12 3:44 pm   Permalink

I have made the "Reverb Crash" for a selected group of 125 people at a fund-raiser.
Easy to make in quantity: 4 oz. White grapefruit juice, 1.5 oz. passion fruit syrup (Make your own, it's easy), 1 TBS orgeat. 1 0z each white and dark rum (the dark being Myers Jamaican). Multiply the ingredients by the number of drinks you wish to make. Serve in a double old Fashioned glass garnished with a mint sprig. It's a tasty and refreshing drink. You can also make the original "Hurricane" in quantity; see the Bum's recipe as it is very easy to make in quantity, but you MUST serve it in a Hurricane glass!

GENT

[ This Message was edited by: GentleHangman 2013-12-12 15:46 ]

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-13 10:43 am   Permalink

I used the Rum Tropical recipe from Remixed for my birthday. Rum, Pineapple, Lime, and Falernum (which adds the "can't put my finger on it" flavor). The falernum ups the price but you only use 2 oz. If you prorate the cost of falernum it came out to about $25 for 50 drinks. Not bad.

gabbahey

[ This Message was edited by: gabbahey 2013-12-13 10:44 ]

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation