FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel JOHN-O's Mid-Century Guide to the San Gabriel Valley, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
JOHN-O's Mid-Century Guide to the San Gabriel Valley, CA
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-23 2:36 pm   Permalink

Hey has this ever happened to you (like it just did me)? You want to meet up with friends in the SGV and plan on cocktails at the Bahooka. Well... the Bahooka being first and foremost a restaurant (and a family restaurant at that) closes at 9pm, Monday through Thursday and on Sundays. So where to go for some mid-century flavor ??

Here's your back-up plan, try Al's Cocktails...

This dive bar claims to date back to the 1930's and has some of the cheapest and stiffest drinks around. 2 Makers Mark cocktails and 3 Blue Moons came to a total of $16.

Al's Cocktails is located at 413 W Las Tunas Dr in San Gabriel, less than 3 miles from the Bahooka.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-23 11:43 pm   Permalink

John-O
You never cease to amaze me. I will have to drop in Al's next time I'm in the neighborhood.

TikiVato

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVato 2012-05-23 23:45 ]

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-25 09:20 am   Permalink

I really love this post! Tourists usually visit one attraction, and when they check it off the list in the back of the guidebook, they leave. Travelers, on the other hand, tend to do things a bit more thoroughly. Thanks for the the thorough post!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTie 2012-05-25 09:22 ]

View Profile of TikiTie Send a personal message to TikiTie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-13 09:30 am   Permalink

John-O, Dinah took me to the DalRae last night for an early birthday dinner. She found out about it because of your post, here. Thanks so much.

The place is amazing! Like super swanky, super classy. Top quality food and terrific martinis. She also surprised me with Trevor and Deanna meeting us for dinner. No better couple to dine with in a gorgeous 1958 time capsule. Everything was perfect. It's expensive, but well worth the price. I'd recommend it to everyone!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-16 08:47 am   Permalink

The Bahooka might be closing but the SGV is still home to many mid-century treasures that aren't going anywhere soon (hopefully). Don't take these places for granted !! If you live in So Ca, then what's your excuse ??

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2013-02-16 15:40 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation