FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My carving
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
My carving
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-25 7:16 pm   Permalink

amatae!!!!! long time no see!!! gotta keep the momentum baby!!! seems like you got lots o good stuff in hidin!!! all of your stuff is awsome and i agree the two tone is cool!! and i loooovvee the fact that you use nice wood for your stuff!!! and as far as doin a headress on a head i think it would be cool!! maybe not politicly correct lol! but i do think my self included would love to see it! and i mean no disrespect to anybody thats into the traditional poly/hawaiin carving! i just think it wld be a cool twist!! cheerz!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-26 2:44 pm   Permalink

FYI - the two tone was created by useing RED MAHOGANY stain on the headdress and CHERRY stain on the face. Glad you liked it. I don't get on here as often as I wish but it's been busy lately. November doesn't look much better. I'm trying to finish up another mask. I appreciate your interest.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-26 3:01 pm   Permalink

Nice work bro!!! Lookin real smooth definitly love the 2 tone.. keepem coming..

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 03:35 am   Permalink

Amazing stuff here !

I like the way you finish your works.
The 3 last ones are perfect to me.

Benjamin

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-29 10:39 am   Permalink

Tikigodz/Benjamin - Thanks for the comments.
Ben- I'm starting to get the carving figured out but I still ruin a few with the stain. I just visited your website- I believe you have much to teach on finishing.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-08 06:49 am   Permalink

Wow! the talent on this site is amazing. None the less, I will share another view of my island. This one's been on the shelf for about a year now. . . more or less. I've got to get in gear and start something new.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-08 07:20 am   Permalink

Excellent Moai Amate.
Glad you brought him down from the shelf!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-08 11:09 am   Permalink

very cool pic! I'm glad he came down the self so we could meet him

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-09 4:38 pm   Permalink

Benzart - your kind words always give me a lift. Thanks
Clarita - I have to admit I like the photograghy almost as much as the carving. But in truth, it's a diversionary tatic designed to distract the viewer from flaws in the carving. ha!
Thanks for stopping by.

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 5:42 pm   Permalink

amatae!!! you are a tiki hoarding dude man!!! lol! you gotta showem all then you will have to carve a new one for sumthin to post!!! just teasin!! lol! cheerz!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 3:46 pm   Permalink

Yeah Big tiki S. I do have a lot of stuff around here. I just get a bit intimidated by all of the great artist posting on this site. Have you seen Tahitiki's thread? Makes one humble.

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 5:23 pm   Permalink

yes ive looked at all of them!!! and there are tons of great stuff on this site but if you dont carve cuz you think you gotta live up to somone elses work or praise or whatever( no dis respect for anyone here cuz all you guyz and girlz are AWSOME)then you are sellin yourself short!!! you are a great carver it shows in all your stuff!!! yes tahitikis stuff is wicked sweet and damnnear perfect and so is benzez and 4wd tikis and surfin tikis and lakesurfers and buzzys and so help me god if i leave outcrazy als stuff AMAZING!! but they all started somwhere and theyKEPT ON CARVING even when they screwed up or made sumthin that wasnt up to there standards they just kept goin and look at them now!! and i realy belive this site is for sharin each and every one of our diff skills ideas and imaginations not a compition where we are to be judged by others!! we all love this stuff and enjoy lookin at everyone stuff so carve up a masterpiece and let us all marvel at what wonderfull things you can carve!!! and ive seenit already so i now you can doit!!! cheerz bro and nuthin but luv!!!!! again if i didnt say your name i just didnt have the space and i REALY DO LUV ALL OF YOU GUYZ STUFF ALL OF YOU!! cheerz!

tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 6:05 pm   Permalink

AMEN!!!! Brother... If us new bees have nothing to strive for whats the point.
I started in feb this year, and with the advice from these guys and gals theres telling how far any of us will get!! HERES TO MORE CARVING AND POSTS..

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 6:24 pm   Permalink

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-12 09:26 am   Permalink

Amate, thanks for the big compliment. You know, the cool thing about this site and all the amazing carvers, painters, mug makers and Tiki bar builders is that I still feel the way you feel when I check some of the threads out there. I never stopped being amazed by the quality of work on TC. It's so neat to see that some of the newbies that started carving when I did are now Master carvers. Pretty cool stuff.
Nana

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation