FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving kane gettin finished up!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
kane gettin finished up!!!
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 5:18 pm   Permalink

DAMMNNNNNN!!!! Scott you've been kickin' ass! Love the new stuff espaciallly the booth, looked hot no shade. I got some stuff for you to check out. As soon as i get this damn puter set up. cant wait to see the finish on the 30 incher..
im out 316

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 6:52 pm   Permalink

ALOHA STATION!!! thnx for stoppin in and havin a look!!! thnx for the kind wrds also!! it means alot when guys like u give me a thumbs up!! cheerz!!

TIKIGODZ!! WHERE U BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!?? lol!! glad to have yah back!! and thnx for the props!! the showin wasnt bad it was pretty cool and breezy so the sun was welcome!! tent comin soon!! caint wait to see what yah been up to!! cheerz brah!!

well heres where im at w this guy. almost there bit more sandin and tweekin but real close!! decided to throw a little thane on the headress for showin the color contrast. almost carved a headress but just cldnt do it the bark was just too cool all by its self!!! thnx for lookin!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki tonz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-04 7:33 pm   Permalink

Looks great! I may need some staining tips, if your willing to share?

View Profile of tiki tonz Send a personal message to tiki tonz  Email tiki tonz Goto the website of tiki tonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 04:03 am   Permalink

TIKI TONZ!! ask away my freind!!! im willing to share what i know!! all yah gotta do is holla!! thnx for lookin and the kind wrds!! cheerz!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 5:38 pm   Permalink

Perfect!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 6:29 pm   Permalink

surfin tiki you are to kind!! thnx a ton!!! cheerz!!

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 11:03 am   Permalink

Looking good! I like the two textures a lot.

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 04:17 am   Permalink

CLARITA!! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!! yeah the colors and tex make him realy cool glad i didnt skin him first!!! thnx again !! cheerz!!

well as im waitin for the last guy to dry up a bit more i started another!!! this is my take on kane. hes almost 40 in tall and 14 in arnd at the top. this is in the middle of roughn him out. gunna expand and shape those eyes more and lots of shapin and detail work to go . but here he is!!! thnx for lookin cheerz all!!

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 04:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-04 18:52, BIG tiki scott wrote:

More awesome than awesome.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki tonz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-08 08:11 am   Permalink

Hey Big tiki Scott, I've been carving with Mexican fan palm a lot lately cause its been available to me. It seems that stain will maybe not hold so well, might just get sucked right up. I have min wax laying around, but maybe you have other suggestion on a good stain or a way to do it.

View Profile of tiki tonz Send a personal message to tiki tonz  Email tiki tonz Goto the website of tiki tonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 2:24 pm   Permalink

Wow Sott the just keep getting better and better. You doing some bouncer ads now lol.

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 4:25 pm   Permalink

BENELLA!!! thnx for stoppin in and havin a look!! you are too kind!!! awsome is awsome but more awsome then awsome is really awsome!!! thnx a million benella!!! cheerz!!

tiki tonz!! thnx for swinin in and dropin a line!! as for the mexican fan palm i have dun a cple out of that and two big root balls of the same bout ready to go!! u are correct when u say that this palm when dry will just suck stain right up!! u will still get the color only it will be a little subdued. sum remedies to help the stain absorb more evenly and for lack of better words more "correctly" would be a nice coat of sanding sealer/prestain after any burning is dun. then stain and thane another not realy politicly correct way to do about the same thing is thin urethane w a bit of laqure thinner apply then let dry good for a day or so. make sure u do any of this after burnin!! then when you stain usin a brush wrks pretty good to keep things even. minwax stain or any oil based stain will wrk fine and is what i use. and also remember even if you dont try the pre stain /sanding sealer urethane makes all stains jump out ALOTT!! sheen is up to you but satin is most comonly used. hope this helps any ques just holla!! cheerz!!p.s. mybe try sum of this on a piece of scrap just too see what it will do.p.p.s. the guy withe bark headress has no stain at all on him the bark when sanded lightly will be this color!!

tikigodz!! flmao thnx brah cheerz!!

[ This Message was edited by: BIG tiki scott 2010-03-08 16:28 ]

tiki tonz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-08 6:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Big tiki Scott, thanks for the tips! I knew it would take a few different steps to get it lookin good. I have made many tikis, but not done a whole lot of staining cause I didnt know how they would come out, and I didnt want to screw them up. This helps a ton. I'm starting something for a customer this week, I will give it a shot. Alot of people have preferred the raw look with just some burn. I've always been concerned with a sealer for protecting from the elements,this sounds like it will take care of both. Thanks again, let u know how it does. Tiki tonz

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-08 6:16 pm   Permalink

cool !! glad i cld help!! spar thane is excellent for outdoor protection but has a yellowig effect on lighter woods and colors but usually looks great on most medium to dark colors and regular thane dosent realy tend to do this but dosent stand up to the sun as well!! good luck and cant wait to see what you come up with!! cheerz!!

BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-11 5:06 pm   Permalink

aloha all!! well heres an update!! changed my desighn a bit on this guy but hes movin along still quite bit of rough to do but u can start to see him now!! thnx for lookin all!! cheerz!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation