FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars UK Home bar - The Lei Inn - (photo intensive)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
UK Home bar - The Lei Inn - (photo intensive)
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 11:03 pm   Permalink

Going to organise something soon, but it's gonna have to be a few at a time, cos the bar ain't big.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 08:17 am   Permalink

My signed Beachbum Berry pic in pride of place.

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2009-11-01 08:18 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-01 10:41 am   Permalink

great job on the guest room bar! you got a real cozy vibe coming through the pictures, I can only image how awesome it must be to come in from a typical English weather day, pour yourself a drink and relax in polynesia!
The patina on the matting looks REAL good and adds to the classic ambiance! (love all the float lamps too!)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-01 10:41, Polynesiac wrote:
great job on the guest room bar! you got a real cozy vibe coming through the pictures, I can only image how awesome it must be to come in from a typical English weather day, pour yourself a drink and relax in polynesia!
The patina on the matting looks REAL good and adds to the classic ambiance! (love all the float lamps too!)

Thank you. Yes it is an Oasis for us. And float lamps homemade, so pleased with them too.

Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-24 11:47 am   Permalink

Great job all around! Love that bamboo bar
with the rope trim. Really sets a great mood
with the lights on. Excellent photos too!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-25 05:08 am   Permalink

Thank you Iokona Ki'i. That was my first attempt at a bar build, so I was pretty pleased with the results.
I hope one day to have one of your gorgeous velvets to hang in The Lei Inn.

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2009-11-25 14:47 ]

amybean

Posted: 2009-11-25 1:46 pm   Permalink

Fantastic! Clearly a work of love. Thanks for all the photos- I know that adds extra steps, but so worth it.
Next up- show us your drinks!

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Bob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-12-26 2:31 pm   Permalink

Fantastic job, bar looks great! hope mine turns out half as good.
What stain and varnish did you use on your matting and what method of application did you use, I have to use bamboo hardboard that's all you can get over here and it is a very light blonde color, I want to get a more warm old time patina look to it, the new look sucks.
Thanks
Trader Bob.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Bob 2009-12-26 23:17 ]

View Profile of Trader Bob Send a personal message to Trader Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-26 2:41 pm   Permalink

amazing transformation. It doesn't even look like the same room. Gotta love some woven lauhala matting.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2010-01-01 09:42 am   Permalink

Well, it's even better 'in the flesh'. COngratulations on all that hard work.

Hospitality as warm as the lauhala's aged patina from the hosts and a bar that truly transports you to the South Seas! Oh, and that sofa/pull-out meant a night in paradise for the overnighters.

Mahalo.

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-01 11:47 am   Permalink

That is a really nice transformation....best use for a spare bedroom!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-03 09:06 am   Permalink

It was a pleasure having the 54's over and finally being able to christen the bar with some fellow
tiki-philes.
I've started our own page on Facebook to follow the Lei Inn and what we're mixing up and drinking. Suggestions always welcome.

Mahalo and Happy New Year

Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 01:27 am   Permalink

looks like you guys are enjoying your tropical
hideout!

Happy New Year!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-05 05:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-12-26 14:31, Trader Bob wrote:
Fantastic job, bar looks great! hope mine turns out half as good.
What stain and varnish did you use on your matting and what method of application did you use, I have to use bamboo hardboard that's all you can get over here and it is a very light blonde color, I want to get a more warm old time patina look to it, the new look sucks.
Thanks
Trader Bob.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Bob 2009-12-26 23:17 ]

Sorry Bob I only just saw your question re the Lei Inn. I just the Lauhala matting on the walls and it was very pale. I simply painted on one or two coats of quick drying interior varnish, teak colour, satin finish. And the way it didn't take exactly evenly all over gave the matting a weathered look rather than a stained look.

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-21 11:38 am   Permalink

Some new additions to The Lei Inn.
KolKol the canoe figurehead from the Solomon Islands (Totu Isu)

Vintage Juice O Mat. It works brilliantly.

And a fantastic new 'Make Mine A Mai Tai' mug, thanks to Trader Jim from Pocketiki

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2010-01-21 11:42 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation