FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars UK Home bar - The Lei Inn - (photo intensive)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
UK Home bar - The Lei Inn - (photo intensive)
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-24 05:56 am   Permalink

Many thanks everyone. Glad it's appreciated.

I'll post some clearer pics of the rums if you wanna have a guess at them. Nothing 'vintage' there I'm afraid, and igonore the moai,and the middle ship's lamp, they're just decanters.

Mahalo

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-26 2:01 pm   Permalink

Ahhhh. Waiting for the day I can enjoy a Demerara Dry Float there.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-06 01:32 am   Permalink

Question for you all. I need to put some more additional items on the ceiling. Any ideas?
So far we have a couple of floats, some cork, and a spear. We need to clutter it up a bit.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-06 07:21 am   Permalink

I've got the same issue KH. I started by stapling my Oriental rattan hats on my ceiling, but it definitely needs more. No matter what, Once it's all up it's going to need some more pufferfish lamps and glass floats on my ceiling.

Lately I've been thinking of placing some "jade" tiles up above, all primitively tied together with bamboo sticks and jute.

I've also thought of placing old ocean maps up above. Or smaller chunks of tapa cloth. Or all of it.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-06 12:01 pm   Permalink

Tapa sounds good. As for Jade Tiles, brillint but impossible to get over here. Thinking I might put a fishing net in one small area, have it sagging and fill it with flotsam and jetsome.

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-06 2:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah, the net is good idea. I did that on one third of the room, and it's quite effective.

The tiles are very hard to come by here too. I was thinking if i go that route, it will be with tiles that i make myself. Perhaps that's an option for you?

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-07 04:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

[i]

The tiles are very hard to come by here too. I was thinking if i go that route, it will be with tiles that i make myself. Perhaps that's an option for you?

Good idea, although not sure if I'm that artistic.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation