FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Booksigning for Pete Moruzzi's PALM SPRINGS HOLIDAY this Sat 17th
Booksigning for Pete Moruzzi's PALM SPRINGS HOLIDAY this Sat 17th
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 2:03 pm   Permalink

My good friend, Palm Springs Mod Com founder and "Havanna Before Castro" author Peter Moruzzi is signing his new tome,

PALM SPRINGS HOLIDAY

this Saturday, October 17th, 4 to 7 pm
at

JUST FABULOUS Books
515 N. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Phone: (760) 864-1300

There are many books out on Palm Springs now, but none is such a feast for the vintage paper ephemera lover. Pete has amassed one the most extensive collections of 20t Century postcards, brochures, matchbooks and art on that town, and much of it illustrates the pages of this book. From Motels to resorts to eateries to nightclubs,

...all of our Tiki favorites are among them, also:

..plus many I have never heard off, like the Desert Air, a Fly-In hotel (see book cover):

...which had this Luau Hut:

..and put on HUGE Luaus:

One of my favorite images is of this Waltah Clarke store:

If you love mid-century American architecture and design, this book is for you. There's even a chapter on the Salton Sea!

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Springs-Holiday-Peter-Moruzzi/dp/1423604768/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255640197&sr=8-1

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-10-15 16:48 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 6:11 pm   Permalink

Moruzzi Rocks!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 6:17 pm   Permalink

Awesome looking book!

I love my Havanna book, going to have to look into this one too.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 11:14 pm   Permalink

I believe he will be book signing also at Wacko, Oct 24th Sat. 6-9pm. I have already purchased this book and it is swell.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-16 09:14 am   Permalink

Thanks for the heads-up, Sven. The book looks amazing - Pete does it again !!! And it's a great price on Amazon too.

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 07:57 am   Permalink

I zipped out to Palm Springs yesterday and picked up the book. It's pretty darn fabulous.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-28 12:56 am   Permalink

Any plans for a Nor Cal book signing event? We are all here waiting....

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-04 03:40 am   Permalink

Oh man, I'm really upset I missed this. I was totally thinking about that book too, because i saw it at the book store, and was thinking of going back to buy it.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation