[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki jobu's apartment
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
jobu's apartment
JOBU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-18 12:56 pm   Permalink

If a Disney Haunted Mansion Ghost had sex with the Bride of Frankenstein on a Pirate ship in the 80's near Honolulu Bay... best describes our apartment....

Living Room

Kitchen

Hallway

Bedroom

View Profile of JOBU Send a personal message to JOBU  Email JOBU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 1:42 pm   Permalink

It obviously was very dark on that pirate ship! I dig that Raiders Golden Idol. But how you're gonna babyproof all that! Not only in terms of breakables, but psychologically! Or you just proudly raise your child the Addams Family way

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 5:46 pm   Permalink

I personally like the knife holder! VERY gruesome! LOL Where would I find this BUTCHER block?

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 6:25 pm   Permalink

Of what I could see, it looks cool but I'm afraid you lost me at; "Disney Haunted Mansion Ghost had sex with the Bride of Frankenstein"

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 7:11 pm   Permalink

ok - I saw a couple of tikis and a couple of tiki mugs in the pics - but I see absolutely no way to call this a tiki bar or a practical fit to this website. certainly an eclectic and way out collectorium of insanity but where's the link to polynesian poly-pop or history -I dont see it.
Nice collecting skills however. quite a museum you have going there.

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 08:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-18 19:11, jpmartdog wrote:
ok - I saw a couple of tikis and a couple of tiki mugs in the pics - but I see absolutely no way to call this a tiki bar or a practical fit to this website. certainly an eclectic and way out collectorium of insanity but where's the link to polynesian poly-pop or history -I dont see it.

I never read where he stated he had a tiki bar..The only thing Aloha was the mention of Honolulu Bay..
Agreed a very nice collection..
Jeez...Lighten up!!!

[ This Message was edited by: slapbass 2009-10-19 08:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: slapbass 2009-10-19 08:04 ]

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOBU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-19 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-18 17:46, beadtiki wrote:
I personally like the knife holder! VERY gruesome! LOL Where would I find this BUTCHER block?

You can find it at Spencers Gift or AHHH's Stores
Here's a link
http://www.stupidiotic.com/index.php?cPath=9_14&osCsid=38cf1e54b6ee7a73cc2d0242b72bcc1d

View Profile of JOBU Send a personal message to JOBU  Email JOBU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOBU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-19 1:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-18 18:25, bananabobs wrote:
Of what I could see, it looks cool but I'm afraid you lost me at; "Disney Haunted Mansion Ghost had sex with the Bride of Frankenstein"

Sorry, I didn't post all the pictures here's some more...

I have alot of Classic Universal monsters hiding in the shadows

Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-19 1:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-18 13:42, bigbrotiki wrote:
But how you're gonna babyproof all that! Not only in terms of breakables, but psychologically!

I went through a similar process with my two-year-old and all my junk (I mean collectibles). It's a never ending process to keep them from breaking stuff. Babies are so damn clever!

As for the psychological aspects, I've yet to see the final results, but Joe enjoys peering through the glass cabinets and has staring contests with some of the Tikis. Sometimes he'll growl at them if they seem too threatening. Sometimes he'll throw a Spiderman action figure at them to keep them in line. But he's never seemed scared of them.

I wonder what goes through his head sometimes. I mean, really, I would be suspicious of the fact that I had no siblings but Dad had a shelf full of finely detailed skull mugs. Strange, no?

It's a tough world out there, though. Maybe an environment like this is just what youngsters need.

By the way, that Phurbu kicks ass. I've wanted one ever since I saw "The Shadow." You can never have too many talking Tibetan daggers!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOBU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-19 1:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-19 08:01, slapbass wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-18 19:11, jpmartdog wrote:

I never read where he stated he had a tiki bar..The only thing Aloha was the mention of Honolulu Bay..
Agreed a very nice collection..
Jeez...Lighten up!!!

[ This Message was edited by: slapbass 2009-10-19 08:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: slapbass 2009-10-19 08:04 ]

Agreed, my collection is only a 1/4 tiki but vastly growing
Anyway, I always had the assumption that skeletons, vodoo, and zombies fit into the tiki realm of pop history as well.

Here's some more pics....

If that shouldn't be under the category of General Tiki then I guess I'll just say HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

[ This Message was edited by: JOBU 2009-10-19 13:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JOBU 2009-10-19 19:04 ]

slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 07:29 am   Permalink

Wow...That tiki slot machine is way to cool..Is it a mug?

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 08:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-20 07:29, slapbass wrote:
Wow...That tiki slot machine is way to cool..Is it a mug?

Yep....done by none other than yer old pal Squid for Frankies Tiki Room in Vegas.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Megalodon

Posted: 2009-10-21 09:31 am   Permalink

Cool place, Jobu!

I really like your tiki mug collection, especially the ones with a horror vibe to them. What's the story with the ghastly-looking green one, wearing the top hat? Never seen that one before, and he's right up my alley.

I collect a lot of horror stuff too, especially old school Universal Monsters. Those Neca Headknockers are really nice, great detail on those. I've got almost the complete set, I still need to get the Bride of Frankenstein though.

I collect vintage monster movie posters too, and some of those really fit in well with a tiki theme - Voodoo Island, The Zombies of Mora Tau, The Disembodied (great skull and female witch doctor images on that one), Macumba love, etc.

I see a lot of stuff in your photos that is making me drool. Those Frankenstein castles are waaay cool - wow. I definitely need to get more shrunken head stuff, even though their lips are sewed shut, those items in your collection really speak to me.

And is that a Zuni figure from the Trilogy of terror I see? Yowza, I may have to hunt one of those down for myself.

[ This Message was edited by: Megalodon 2009-10-21 09:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Megalodon 2009-10-21 11:36 ]

View Profile of Megalodon Send a personal message to Megalodon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOBU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-21 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-21 09:31, Megalodon wrote:
Cool place, Jobu!

I really like your tiki mug collection, especially the ones with a horror vibe to them. What's the story with the ghastly-looking green one, wearing the top hat? Never seen that one before, and he's right up my alley.

I collect a lot of horror stuff too, especially old school Universal Monsters. Those Neca Headknockers are really nice, great detail on those. I've got almost the complete set, I still need to get the Bride of Frankenstein though.

I collect vintage monster movie posters too, and some of those really fit in well with a tiki theme - Voodoo Island, The Zombies of Mora Tau, The Disembodied (great skull and female witch doctor images on that one), Macumba love, etc.

I see a lot of stuff in your photos that is making me drool. Those Frankenstein castles are waaay cool - wow. I definitely need to get more shrunken head stuff, even though their lips are sewed shut, those items in your collection really speak to me.

And is that a Zuni figure from the Trilogy of terror I see? Yowza, I may have to hunt one of those down for myself.

Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to hear from a Horror Aficionado that is into Tiki as well

The green mug is from the Ghastly Ones band
http://www.ghastlyones.com/main.htm

and yeah that is the Zuni Doll that tried to kill Karen Black
Majestic Studios put some out for the Comic Con in 2004

I would like to check out some of your vintage posters if you get a chance snap a few pics and post them

JOBU

MondoMcGonzo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-22 08:40 am   Permalink

Jobu- love the place. It seems we have similar tastes as we have a lot of the same pieces.

View Profile of MondoMcGonzo Send a personal message to MondoMcGonzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation