[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Mai Kai decanter question and pix
Mai Kai decanter question and pix
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-19 05:08 am   Permalink

Aloha friends, need your help.

As seen in this picture from the BOT, the decanter is a off white, yellowish color ya.
ok well mine is more of a green gray mixture. lighting sucked on da pix so it's hard to see da actuall color. Anybody know how many different finishes dey wen come out in?

heres mine.

are these as rare as the suffarin' bastad?

shootz

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-19 1:40 pm   Permalink

Gecko,
I have the decanter, and mine is also green-gray, more gray. The pic in the BOT probably looks different due to lighting. I believe there was only one color ever made, may have been some variation but all the same more or less. I think they are rarer than suffering bastard mugs, about the same rarity as the sb decanter. I've noticed they go for less on ebay though, around $100 or so.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-19 8:36 pm   Permalink

thanks TG! I kinda thought it was the lighting. I can't believe they only sell for around $100. thats cheap for a rare item!I would have paid that to. it dosen't matter. I got mine cheap and love it. Mahaloz brah.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-02 9:20 pm   Permalink

Please relink your photos!

And anyone else got one of these you can share pics of?

I heard rumor that there were a couple in the gift shop this year for Hukilau, but I didn't see them.... who got them?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 11:48 am   Permalink

Is this the decanter you are talking about?

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 1:43 pm   Permalink

here's my vintage mai kai decanter, the one gecko talked about in the original post.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 3:02 pm   Permalink

I still can't believe the Bum found one, NIB on a liquor store shelf... That's why you go look in old liquor stores. Never know what old stock they have.

My decanter is still sealed, with the hang tag booklet around the neck, but no box.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 3:58 pm   Permalink

Here ya go.
The only other color not shown here
is the one that Bohemiann
showed up top.
The rarest is the cobalt blue only 50 were made.
It was $40.00 dollars and could only be had at the Mai Kai
during Hukilau.
Then the kind of yellow one is next rarest I think.
They made only 30? 40? of them.
So there were six in all.

Cobalt

Kind of yellow

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation