FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Dynotones,play, and tiki farm mug release,Halloween at Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Dynotones,play, and tiki farm mug release,Halloween at Don the Beachcomber
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-20 6:09 pm   Permalink

pic of the mug, by tiki farm
http://www.dynotones.com/News.html

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-10-20 18:10 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-21 12:40 am   Permalink

Halloween costume? Check. Somewhere to go? Check! Thanks for posting this Jeff.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 10:23 am   Permalink

my pleasure, Tiki Kitty.

Hope they get a good crowd at Don't that night.

its 9pm till midnite, so you can do the trick or treating with the kids,
then swing by after.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 11:52 am   Permalink

Woot! I hope there's a good crowd too. People watching on Halloween is the most, to say the least.

I'm going to post the flyer on facebook tonight to help spread the word. I think we'll have a group of 4-6. It sounds like Stacey (Happy Chi) might make the trip too, and perhaps her roomie - Swamp something or other.

No kids here, but we might get some trick-or-treaters, so that is good timing. Hope you've got your costume pressed!

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-22 1:14 pm   Permalink

I am SOOOOOOOO there Tiki Kitty! Can't wait! Now, what to where for the Halloween festivities???

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 7:01 pm   Permalink

YAY for the Chi that is happy! Costume ideas just sent your way. Pick one, or be punished publicly.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-26 11:04 pm   Permalink

bump

happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-27 10:42 am   Permalink

Sooooooo.....are we the only 3 going or what???

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 11:12 am   Permalink

I know that a few people from the surf music scene will be there too.
but they don't post on TC much or at all.
as for tiki peeps I think that Scott(Spermwhale) and mrs. will be coming.
hope some others show up too.

Jeff(btd)

Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 4:56 pm   Permalink

I really want to go to this show but am a maybe at this point.

I gotta get the boss lady on-board with driving up there. It is a bit of a haul from SD but I'm sure it will be well worth it.
I've never seen these guys play before so any details of what to expect at their show is appreciated.

SF

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 5:28 pm   Permalink

This looks awesome!! Anyone know what the cover charge is? And bonus question, how much are those mugs?

Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-28 09:46 am   Permalink

show is free, not sure about the mug, contact the band, and or Tiki Farm about that,

as for how the band is live, I say its a Hot Rod surf, mixed with a Link Wray type vibe.

here is there myspace, with a couple videos on it,
http://www.myspace.com/dynotones

Jeff(btd)

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-28 10:16 am   Permalink

Really tight surf rock, without all the shtick that some surf bands sometimes utilize. The Dynotones are one of the few surf bands I really like.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-28 2:23 pm   Permalink

Happy Chi - we've got a small handful of friends meeting there too, and last weekend a couple of TC folks said they'd probably be heading over after the Trick-or-Treat festivities.

Sofa King - when we invited some friends to see The Dynotones a few weeks ago, they also asked for a description of the music. My reply - "Surf reverb mixed with garage/drag-racing roughness, and a shot of sci-fi on the side." Pretty sure I also told someone that their music makes you feel sexy n' stuff - lol.

So there. Clear as mud, right?

Oh, and consider throwing on a costume, people. Come on - it'll be fun!

Tiki Kitty / Deanna

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-28 3:28 pm   Permalink

Don't forget fuzzy guitars!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation