FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-10-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

Here's another recent item from Olszewski.
Quarter for scale.

Front:

Back:

Side:

Open:

The drawer is held shut by a magnet.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-22 6:09 pm   Permalink

Thats nice Lugi .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 07:34 am   Permalink

United Airlines tiki mobile. Sent out to travel agencies to promote United Airlines and Disneyland.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-23 08:40 am   Permalink

That mobile is incredible!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 7:40 pm   Permalink

Wow! That mobile really is amazing!

Here are a few more common vintage collectibles.

Post card

Matchbook

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 8:07 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, love that mobile. Here is sorta an insider collectible, Kev'n'Jody made a couple of these for fun, for friends:

front

back

They are two sequins that you can hammer onto the Tiki drummer's eyes so they reflect - just like they do in the Tiki Room. They again "nailed" that vintage look, the lil' bag looks like it's from the 60s.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-23 10:53 pm   Permalink

Wow Sven, those are freakin cool!!! The 29 cent stamp looks real, as does the "Japan" logo....And I was really going to attach giant gold sequin to the eyes of my drummer, for a more realistic look. I can't believe they made those! Those guys are unbelievably cool!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 11:21 am   Permalink

Here's a few pics from my collection...

Enjoy!

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-24 11:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-24 11:21, Tikinomad wrote:
Here's a few pics from my collection...

Enjoy!

wow! I don't even want to show mine now

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-26 9:59 pm   Permalink

Hmm...maybe it's just a weird deja vu within things Disney, but does not the MCP from the movie "Tron" look like one of those tikis from the mobile?

My God, did I just admit I saw that movie? Wait, uh, I mean, I spotted this picture on the web and...

GK

Tied by my Mai Tai...

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-27 7:08 pm   Permalink

Purses

Reproduction clothing

Newish shirts

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPhil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-28 7:43 pm   Permalink

Way back in 2005 Tangaroa and tiki1963 showcased their awesome Tikiroom collections in this thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=14594&forum=12&start=0
Bad news is that all the pictures are gone

View Profile of TikiPhil Send a personal message to TikiPhil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-30 05:51 am   Permalink

The first Enchanted Tiki Room Brochure:

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bluehorse

Posted: 2009-10-30 8:51 pm   Permalink

Hello all! New here, I am looking for some info from the experts that seem to frequent this site! I have a couple figures my husband calls "Huba-Gubas". They look real similar to the tiki babies I've seen pictured, but appear to be "adults" and have rafia hair, and shell and stone necklaces and belts. They are about 12-14" tall and have paper Made in Japan stickers on the feet and I think they are composition. They came from an estate sale and the 60'ish lady that sold them to me said she never did like them even when she was a kid-they were her dad's. When I get back home to hi speed, I can post some pics. Any help about what they are and value would be greatly appreciated!

View Profile of bluehorse Send a personal message to bluehorse      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-13 08:36 am   Permalink

Vintage United Airlines Enchanted Tiki Room host shirt:

Front:

Back:

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation