FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 10:30 am   Permalink

Someone should make an Enchanted Tiki Room trash can mug. They were so cool.

Here's a closer look.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 10:35 am   Permalink

Since we're on the subject of the Florida Tiki room, here"s a photo of the orig model.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 10:40 am   Permalink

What the heck, I'm going to post one more. Here's another photo of prep being done on the Florida Tiki room.

kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 10:51 am   Permalink

ONE MORE! The guy who's responsible for the Whole thing.
Walt inspecting one of the Tiki's. And everyone seems to be oblivious that he's standing in the room. I guess in 1963 you'd just expect him to be wondering around the park.

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 12:25 pm   Permalink

So many cool photos. Mahalo!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-10 5:49 pm   Permalink

Kiara,

Great photos! Thanks for posting.

Just got the third card with the artist's concepts for Adventureland.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-11-30 1:47 pm   Permalink

The Home Depot (Warner Ave.) by my office in Huntington Beach had resin toucans, African greys, macaws, cockatoos and parakeets for sale. They are made out of resin and would go well in any jungle/Enchanted Tiki Room themed lounge. The prices ranged from $10 for an 8 inch bird to $55 for a macaw that was at least 2 feet long. They sit on grapewood with a live air plant glued to a metal circle with a hanger. Unfortunately they're not animatronic.
There were some potted bromeliads that had birds sitting on them too, but I didn't look at the prices. A bit of trivia, pineapples are bromeliads as are air plants.
The grapewood display was 5 feet tall and for sale for $169.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 11:38 am   Permalink

Another old photo of the Enchanted Tiki Room under construction.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 12:49 pm   Permalink

Nice photo Dusty. Hey, did you score the cool tourist shot ETR photo recently? OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 1:02 pm   Permalink

It makes me sad that the chip used in Squawkers McCaw can't be hacked. I would love to be able to have my own ETR bird. Love the workshop photo!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 1:11 pm   Permalink

Great photos on here and love the newest one you posted DC.

So neat to see the "magic" happen

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 8:35 pm   Permalink

OGR,

Did not get the photo, but did pick up one of the 1965 Donruss bubble gum trading cards showing the Enchanted Tiki Room.

There were 66 cards with a puzzle piece on the back. The puzzle was Disney characters.

The cards were sold in 5-cent bubble-gum packs like baseball cards.

DC

Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 05:14 am   Permalink

Wow, Thanks DC, I forgot about the trading cards...very nice. Here is the photo I was talking about off the 'Bay. I was sure you had scored it. OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-03-28 6:36 pm   Permalink

On etsy there is a 1963 photo of a tourist in front of the Enchanted Tiki Room. $5.00 will buy it now.

www.etsy.com/listing/115952635/1963-sunglasses-lady-in-front-of?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=tiki

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-05-02 6:54 pm   Permalink

You can buy this online through the Disney Store webite. It's $39.99. The link shows the detail.

www.disneystore.com/new-arrivals-the-enchanted-tiki-room-deluxe-print-by-brian-crosby/mp/1333041/1000995/#longDesc

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation