FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 1:44 pm   Permalink

Many cool items! I'm sure there will be more postings on this thread right after the upcoming ETR 50th event merchandise comes out next month! I have the Rongo bowl, Tiki babies, and the great Tiki Fountain from the 45th in 2008! I LOVE the fountain!

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 2:33 pm   Permalink

god, ive gotta dig out mine too!!! too cool!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-14 3:13 pm   Permalink

Terrific thread,Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Piratiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-31 11:18 pm   Permalink

I wanna know who has that model of the FL version of the Tiki Room!!

View Profile of Piratiki Send a personal message to Piratiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-17 10:05 am   Permalink

Unused Tiki Baby figurines from 1963.
This is my first post and I hope I am doing it properly! These pieces ( I have several) came from WED enterprises and were either prototypes or replacement casts for the then new Enchanted Tiki room. My father was a long time Disney exec and eventually rose to run the consumer products division. He was friendly with John Hench and these were probably a gift from him. In any case, they have been in my family for fifty years. I used to play TIki Room under the dining room table with these little guys. They are in great shape and the only thing added over the years is the dust! Any additional info would be appreciated, has anyone seen other pieces like these? Each has an embedded WED Enterprises copyright plate with the date. I have included a close up of it.

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-17 10:18 am   Permalink

Welcome tigertail! Those are very cool!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-18 11:06 am   Permalink

Absolutely probably one of the holiest grails of Enchanted Tiki Room collectibles. Nice of J.H. to gift you/your father with these!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-30 5:58 pm   Permalink

Thank you, it was a different time. Never happen today. Of course, no one back then would have considered the impact that this attraction has had over fifty years, seeping into the culture.

View Profile of tigertail Send a personal message to tigertail      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jsalamone7

Posted: 2013-08-02 06:44 am   Permalink

Enchanted tiki room sign on ebay

View item:
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Sign

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=300941596221

I need to buy a computer, then I'll get up pics of my collection soon.

[ This Message was edited by: Jsalamone7 2013-08-02 06:45 ]

View Profile of Jsalamone7 Send a personal message to Jsalamone7      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-27 11:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-07 13:02, Hale Tiki wrote:
It makes me sad that the chip used in Squawkers McCaw can't be hacked. I would love to be able to have my own ETR bird. Love the workshop photo!

Just found this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=datcdOUx25Y&list=PL2FBBD0C32815A7D6

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-18 10:29 pm   Permalink

Got this for Christmas from the GF. It's a Colin Campbell early concept drawing of the Lanai(before the Tahitian Terrace) on canvas.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-19 2:08 pm   Permalink

Tom, that's awesome! How big is it? (just curious)

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-19 9:21 pm   Permalink

Tom, I believe those actually are the famous Tiki drummers in their natural habitat (after work)

There is a companion piece depicting the other animatronics members of the cast:

I took this pic in '93 for the BOT:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-12 11:46 am   Permalink

I recently built the middle drummer to hang out with the ones Disney released in 2005...

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-12 2:17 pm   Permalink

Nicely crafted. I recently acquired another Pele mug from the 40th anniversary.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation