FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Polynesian restaurant china and server ware
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 1:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-31 05:41, uncle trav wrote:
Sven, I'll have to do a little better on the description end of things so the new folks have an idea of whats out there and what items were used for. Now from a small piece of china from Trader Vic's a soy sauce decanter. About 3" high and 4" long. No makers mark but looks similar to the one in the OMC catalog photo in Sven's post.

OK, Trav, you got me on board:

First, for general interest, some more pages from the OTAGIRI catalog, their Tiki mugs were just a small side business, they had tons of Japanese pottery and restaurant table decor that was non-Tiki:

And here some table mats:

What's so funny, huh!?

But back to the specific motto of this thread, Tiki restaurant china. I don't have much, I only picked it up as I went along, and I always thought it to be a bit nerdy to get into the manufacturer details....cuz I am NOT a collector nerd, ya know, no I ain't!

Aku Aku Las Vegas:

Islander, L.A.:

Trader Vic's:

This one is "fake", it's a contemporary souvenir plate:

Last not least, my Stephen Crane Kon Tiki tea pot!:

Now if we only could get Kate to post her wares, I think she has a bunch!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 1:47 pm   Permalink

Fantastic post Sven. Thanks for the input. I'll add those makers to the list in the first part of the thread. I have never seen that plate from the Aku Aku before. Thanks again.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 2:11 pm   Permalink

Forgot one, just a little Fu-joint soy dish:

...but with a nice logo:

Now THAT's great china!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 2:59 pm   Permalink

I actually don't have a ton of restaurant ware, but here's what I do have that hasn't already been posted in this thread.

Hawaiian Village plate and tea cup by Syracuse.

Ren Clark's Polynesian plate by Wellsville China.

Unknown Syracuse plate.

Kon-Tiki creamer and coffee cup by Sterling and Jackson China.

Kon Tiki Ports gravy boat and sauce bowl by Jackson China.

Ports O' Call creamer by Walker China.

Luau plate by Walker China.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 3:09 pm   Permalink

Absolutely smashing! That Ren Clark plate is one of the best in the genre! This thread is taking off!

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 3:15 pm   Permalink

Oops. Forgot this one.

Trader Vic's cruet with no makers mark.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 6:53 pm   Permalink

Wow!! so far we have eighteen manufacturing companies and twenty seven restaurant represented on this one thread. Thanks Sven and Kate I have added the items you both posted to the list at the beginning of the thread. That Ren Clark plate is one of my favorites and was made by sterling as well. Thanks again for the posts.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-31 8:17 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, guys! Here's my 2 cents:

And, just for good measure, a Kon Tiki spoon by Oneida:

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 05:16 am   Permalink

auctions over - info i posted earlier is now no longer current. back to the original program.

[ This Message was edited by: tipsy mcstagger 2009-11-01 17:19 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 05:17 am   Permalink

Big Kahuna, now you dunit...we have to start a silverware list . Which fits into the category well. You have a great collection of china. Thanks for adding it. That Pacific Hut plate was made by Shenango for the distributor and is a great find. Are those small cups for tea or are they condiment holders? I was never sure about that. Thanks again for your post and I'll edit the china list and start up a silverware list.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 08:10 am   Permalink

Hey, Trav! I was really psyched to find both of those plates. The cups are definitely tea cups. I would have bought the Ren Clark plate, but somebody satrted the bidding war & I'm off to Vegas in an hour, so I won't be around to see it end. Oh, well! Frankie's here I come! Yahoo!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 11:36 am   Permalink

Here are my additions. Sorry for the BlackBerry photos!

The bottom of this one was too faint..it was made by Sterling.

This is a new TV's plate from Vegas. No mark on the bottom.

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-01 12:22 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-11-01 11:36, Tacky Tiki wrote:

Thanks for the input Tacky. I believe this cup is from the Hawaiian Gardens in Holly MI. That one I whish I could find. Thanks again.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 09:36 am   Permalink

I saw this image while I was doing a bit of online research. From the Chi Chi Club in Palm Springs about 1952. A great dinner plate with an image of a Leeteg velvet also used on the menu cover.

Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-02 7:54 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-11-01 12:22, uncle trav wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-01 11:36, Tacky Tiki wrote:

Thanks for the input Tacky. I believe this cup is from the Hawaiian Gardens in Holly MI. That one I whish I could find. Thanks again.

I got this small plate from Tikisgrl in one of the mug swaps.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation